Keyboard input is blocked for browsers and applications

WLee

A few days ago all keyboard input became blocked and mouse input does not work with Kaspersky enabled.  Issue happens a few minutes after enabling Kaspersky.   Have used Kaspersky for a number of years without issue, so thinking it must be in a recent update. Have tried a number of things but am unable to solve the issue. I now must use my computer unprotected ,  Has anyone found a workaround?   Thanks

Thanks Berny.

Did that first, but without effect.  Shut off the obvious things first, and then each section.  Looked through the knowledge base and forum.  Have spent some time on this issue and am stuck so I’m looking for someone else that worked around this. Thanks.

Hi,

I solved the problem by downloading and installing a different version of KTS.  Turns out I was upgraded to a version that is not intended for the area I live, and that version still has a problem for me and perhaps others.  Please note, my computer does not have a keyboard port.  the keyboard is a wireless that has a dongle in a USB port.  As far  as the question above, I have not found a way to see the drivers on Windows 10 latest upgrade.  My system doesn’t look like the screen shots. My apologies.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I solved the problem by downloading and installing a different version of KTS.  Turns out I was upgraded to a version that is not intended for the area I live, and that version still has a problem for me and perhaps others.  Please note, my computer does not have a keyboard port.  the keyboard is a wireless that has a dongle in a USB port.  As far  as the question above, I have not found a way to see the drivers on Windows 10 latest upgrade.  My system doesn’t look like the screen shots. My apologies.

Hello, I’m having the same issue, which version did you install that solved the issue?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I am using KSC 2021 and I have faced the same issue.

When I used the alibaba.com website the “Secure Keyboard input” kicked in when i tried to enter a search. When I shifted to Microsoft Office 2019 applications I noticed that my hardware keyboard froze except for the “enter” and “backspace” keys but remained functional on this website.

I chatted with “Support” and after several attempts, they deduced that the issue was related to the website and not Kaspersky. The best solution offered was to exclude this website from the “Secure Keyboard Input” protection. Which we tested.

The strange result is that after this, only when I revert to the alibaba.com website and type a search without the “Secure Keyboard Input” protection will  my hardware keyboard unfreeze. So I kept the exclusion awaiting a better solution.

Then something worst happened. Any time I type on any webpage triggering the “Secure Keyboard Input” and associated popup, my hardware keyboard freezes. Then, only when I reopen the alibaba.com webpage and type a search on it does my hardware keyboard unfreeze on this page and subsequently on other pages and on the Microsoft Office 2019 applications. I use Firefox but the same is valid for Edge.

I have serious doubts that this website does not tolerate “Secure Keyboard Input” and may have injected some form of keylogger which is affecting “Secure Keyboard Input” altogether.

Any Thoughts? 

• 2 weeks later...

In my case this problem was created on one occasion by Heimdal Thor Foresight, then, the second time, the cause was the enhanced keyboard driver of Vmware Workstation Player.

As I uninstalled Thor Foresight and uninstalled the enhanced keyboard driver of Vmware the problem disappeared.