Kaspersky very unethical: no clear way to cancel subscriptions/services. This is extortion.

Posted (edited)

I switched to another security suite  and thought that I had canceled my subscription with Kaspersky. But just recently I receive a notification on my phone saying that I will be billed $91 or something in June as an auto-renewal.

So I am trying to reach someone, an actual person, mind you, not idiot AI, and of course I get fed back into the "Virtual Assistant" every time I try to contact an actual human being.

HIGHLY unethical behaviour. I expect it from some Scammer company in Delhi, but I don't expect it from a company that is supposed to protect people from scammers!

The irony is unbelievable. Deliberately hiding the means to unsubscribe is ILLEGAL. This is criminal behaviour.

Edited by Berny

• 2 weeks later...

I too switched to another suite and not able to cancel the previous one, all the while taking payments for both. Anyone else finding a lack of Kaspersky support in this space? The links lead nowhere really helpful. All I want to do is speak with someone who will help cancel my original subscription.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Wade said:

All I want to do is speak with someone who will help cancel my original subscription.

Hello @Wade

Welcome!

Go to this page - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - 
on the support page, select either *Phone* IF it's available in (your) area OR Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown in the image below; please include a *detailed history* - note, because we don't know which software you had we've selected Kaspersky Total Security - you need to select which Kaspersky software you had; you'll also need to provide Kaspersky Customer Service with the following:

1. The email address (you) used when the Kaspersky software was purchased. 
  2. The Kaspersky software Activation code - this *should* be in (your) MyKaspersky account.

image.thumb.png.c7d3c95b75aa95c3af7d4b0b1978f5ab.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
removed whitespace