Kaspersky Standard app name is "Nëw Application" after macOS update

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I've just updated macOS to 14.1.1. Kaspersky Standard was open and requesting a reboot when I performed the update. The application name in the menu bar is no longer "Kaspersky Standard" but now reads "Nëw Application" (note the umlaut on the E). What's going on? Is this a known bug?

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 10.51.47 AM.png

• Solution
9 hours ago, Muscogulus said:

I've just updated macOS to 14.1.1. Kaspersky Standard was open and requesting a reboot when I performed the update. The application name in the menu bar is no longer "Kaspersky Standard" but now reads  (1) "Nëw Application". (2) (note the umlaut on the E). (3) What's going on? Is this a known bug?

Hello @Muscogulus,

Welcome!

1. Another Kaspersky Community member has complained of the same issue. 
  2. Not sure if their installed Kaspersky app had the umlaut on the ë.
  3. 👉Please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Same problem here with Kaspersky Premium, I have the umlaut as well. MacOS Sonoma 14.1.1.

Edited by Crylune
included Kaspersky edition

1 hour ago, Crylune said:
  1. Same problem here with Kaspersky Premium, I have the umlaut as well. MacOS Sonoma 14.1.1.

Hello @Crylune

Welcome back!

• 👉Please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  1. 💥The more Kaspersky subscribers who formally log the issue with the Kaspersky experts, the more likely the issue is to get appropriate attention💥

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar

12 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Crylune

Welcome back!

• 👉Please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  1. 💥The more Kaspersky subscribers who formally log the issue with the Kaspersky experts, the more likely the issue is to get appropriate attention💥

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Yeah, already told support about this. Will share when I get a response.

2 hours ago, Muscogulus said:

By the time I finished configuring the new installation, "Nëw Application" was replaced by the correct app name. Problem solved.

Hello @Muscogulus

Well done👏, we're delighted to read the issue is resolved, thank you for taking the time to share the good news with the Community🙏
Flood🐳+🐋