Kaspersky Plus - Mac OS Sonoma - Last Database published

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Hi everyone,

I´m using Sonoma since day one and I have noticed that although I do not receive any error message when updating database, Kaspersky Plus 24 always displays last database published date is 24 September 2023.  No matter how many times you try to update. This happened since Sonoma day one.  Weeks ago I decided to uninstall version 24 and tried to reinstall the app.  This time the launcher decided to download version 23.  With version 23 there's no trouble updating databases (it works properly), and for some days the app (version 23) told me that there was not a newer version of the app.  I supposed maybe version 24 was temporarily disabled.

But recently my Kaspersky v.23 urged me to update to v.24. I decided to update today with a clean installation (not upgrading from v.23) and... the same trouble with database appears. It seems that my Kaspersky is working with a database dated 24 September and it is unable to download a newer one, although there is not any message of error related to updating database.   I had no trouble with Mas OS 13. This error became at the moment of updating to Sonoma and exclusively with Kaspersky 24.  

I don´t know if this is a known issue, but I have no solution since after several proofs of  installations and desinstallations always appears the same trouble. I think the solution is only maintaining version 23, but the launcher decides itself to install v.24 

I´m surprised it doesn't happen to more people since there is no previous post about this issue. Being Mac OS a closed environment normally issues affect to several people.

4 hours ago, Danila T. said:

Hello,

If in the product settings, KSN tab, try to enable KSN participation, will the problem be solved?

Hello,

Yes! Problem solved.  

Immediately after enabling KSN I manually requested a database update and 5MB were downloaded. Now the database is updated and publication date matches current day (1 November 2023).

So, I guess version 24 requires KSN enabled in order to update databases. I´ve got no problem with maintaining it enabled. Till now I hadn't paid attention to it because the app worked properly without KSN activated.

Best and many thanks for solving the matter so quickly

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I´ve got nothing but troubles since Sonoma relating to interaction with Kaspersky app.

Randomly total disk access is lost when you turn on the Mac. Erasing Kaspersky from total disk access in settings and giving again permission does not solve the problem.

Clean installation again and again does not solve the problem.

Occasionally Kaspersky detects as not activated Safari´s extension in the app interface, but the extension is checked in Safari´s settings. So, it is really working or not ¿?

And finally... In Mac OS toolbar at the top of the screen when Kaspersky app is active is shown "Nëw application" instead of "Kaspersky".

At least for me, something is wrong between Sonoma and Kaspersky app.

On 11/11/2023 at 11:05 PM, Tantalus said:
  1. Unfortunately I´ve got nothing but troubles since Sonoma relating to interaction with Kaspersky app.
  2. At least for me, something is wrong between Sonoma and Kaspersky app.

Hello @Tantalus

Welcome back! 

That's most unfortunate!😔

1. 👉Please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, on the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support will request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  2. **Also** include the URL for the topic, when you share the information with support, that may save them some time
  3. Please share the Incident reference number & the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added additional step

Personally, Kaspersky Premium is working fine on my M2 Air running the latest version of Sonoma. I've always had KSN enabled though, on all my devices. Might be an edge case for you.

Edited by Crylune

On 11/11/2023 at 3:05 PM, Tantalus said:

Unfortunately I´ve got nothing but troubles since Sonoma relating to interaction with Kaspersky app.

Randomly total disk access is lost when you turn on the Mac. Erasing Kaspersky from total disk access in settings and giving again permission does not solve the problem.

Clean installation again and again does not solve the problem.

Occasionally Kaspersky detects as not activated Safari´s extension in the app interface, but the extension is checked in Safari´s settings. So, it is really working or not ¿?

And finally... In Mac OS toolbar at the top of the screen when Kaspersky app is active is shown "Nëw application" instead of "Kaspersky".

At least for me, something is wrong between Sonoma and Kaspersky app.

Hello,

1) About disk access - try to update macOS up to 14.1 and check problem. This is a problem on the macOS side. You need to contact Apple support, if problem persists.

2) Kaspersky detects as not activated Safari - Known problem. The problem is still being analyzed.

3) "Nëw application"  - This is a problem on the macOS side. But we'll try to fix that on our side.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 7:05 AM, Danila T. said:

Hello,

1) and 3) fixed in the macOS 14.2

2- also please check problem on macOS 14.2

Hi Danila,

Many thanks for following up on this issue.

I think everything works fine after 14.2.

Regarding 2), when kaspersky´s little icon in the OS toolbar is clicked and the little contextual menu pops up, in the line "Recommendations..."  shows the number of recommendations not attended by the user. The number in the circle includes kaspersky´s safari extension as not attended recommendation.  BUT as soon as the app is opened it clearly shows safari extension is active, appears one less recommendation in the list and the pop up menu obtained when clicking the icon (in the OS toolbar) is instantly updated with one recommendation less.  So, I think everything works fine and this is really a minor detail that does not affect the functionality.  

On 12/16/2023 at 2:28 PM, Tantalus said:

Regarding 2), the issue mentioned above only happens when clicking kaspersky´s icon in the toolbar before entering kaspersky´s app when Mac is initiated or rebooted.  

Please check that Safari.app is in the /Applications/ folder. Also post screenshots of the Spotlight window (macOS settings): the checkboxes and the list opened by the "Spotlight Privacy..." button.