Kaspersky Mail Checker mcou.dll cannot be loaded: Solution for Windows 7?

Go to solution Solved by windowsWarr1or,

This problem started on my desktop … every time I click on an email I get warning that mcou.dll cannot load. I tried turning off and re-starting the mail security option in KTS, but that didn’t resolve. I found this thread which is now marked as closed. It references Windows 10 and did not work for me.
https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-13/kaspersky-mail-checker-cannot-be-loaded-12962?postid=61987#post61987

On my windows 7 system, after each ADMIN cmd entry, I was told the mcou.dll file could not be found (yet it is in the root folder of /Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2/. I posted this question on that thread, but thought I should start another thread given its CLOSED status.

On my laptop, this problem started a week ago. I was able to resolve by uninstalling and reinstalling KTS. I would rather not do that if there is an easier solution. I actually have a backup copy of the mcou.dll on my E: drive.

I tried to merely copy/paste into the C: location but was told I needed system permission to do so.

Perhaps there are other posts with the solution, but many posts seem to be in a language I cannot read. TY.

Hi,

Welcome.

1.) Close the mail client 

2.) In the bottom left hand corner click Start > Run 

3.) In the Open field copy and enter the following command: regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2020\mcou.dll" 

4.) Make sure the library has been successfully unregistered and click OK

5.) Close the mail client 

Hi @nexon . Thank you, but that path does not exist on my computer. The path is the same as that mentioned in the post help for windows 10 system:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 21.2

I tried editing the above instructions with the proper path (Internet Security 2020 changed to Total Security 21.2) and received this error message:

The module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 21.2\mcou.dll" was loaded but the call to DllUnregisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Without valid fix responses and TOO much time trying to do an “easy fix”, I have uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security, saving my license. Then reinstalled. Problem gone. Not totally confident in this fix, as the program was working fine for years until, I assume, some automatic update broke it. Restore point created after fix so I can roll back to this state. Thank you to those who tried to help.