Kaspersky let PUP and Adware

I noticed that Kaspersky is weak against PUP and Adware and the reason for that is Kaspersky refuse to detect such apps for example torrent apps they are known for bundling toolbars and other unwanted apps it can even download malware, but Kaspersky decides that these apps are totally safe.

many well-known and reputable AV vendors flag these apps as adware or riskware but, still Kaspersky refuse to detect them.

Is uTorrent a potentially unwanted program, because windows defender flagged it as a potentially unwanted program? - Quora

Eset detecting Utorrent as a PUP all of a sudden? - Malware Finding and Cleaning - ESET Security Forum

utorrent/bittorrent pup false positive? - File Detections - Malwarebytes Forums

image.png

image (1).png

Hi,

Welcome.

Kaspersky blocking PUA and PUP by default good called as (not a virus). But som AV like ESET or MBAM are more aggresive and blocking all PUA.
These programs are marked with yellow color of frame or simply yellow color in main GUI of kaspersky. And red color is marked virus (dangerous).

Also send it here https://opentip.kaspersky.com/ and wait for analyze.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nexon said:

Hi,

Welcome.

Kaspersky blocking PUA and PUP by default good called as (not a virus). But som AV like ESET or MBAM are more aggresive and blocking all PUA.
These programs are marked with yellow color of frame or simply yellow color in main GUI of kaspersky. And red color is marked virus (dangerous).

Also send it here https://opentip.kaspersky.com/ and wait for analyze.

I submitted these files to Kaspersky virus lab but, they said that no malicious software in these files although these torrent apps are well known that they are PUPs although sending them screenshots and forums links proofing that these apps are adware but, no Kaspersky refuse I don't know if they allow Adware apps on purpose for small fees to get pass the detection.

Hello @Sasuke6000,

Kaspersky is a little more cautious here than other AVs.
Many, many years ago they lost a lawsuit against an adware vendor.
If adware follows certain rules (has an uninstaller, has an eula,...) it will not be blocked.

But there is the 'Application Manager' that helps with adware infested intallers:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d6857941168970ce513e16ce1865112d.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nexon said:

You can send it to opentip and check submit to reanalyze with your contact mail. A malware analysis should you contact with the result.

Also please see here https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/not-a-virus/18015/

I opened case and contacted Kaspersky support but, they refuse to add these files to their database although it's detected by many AVs

22 minutes ago, Schulte said:

Hello @Sasuke6000,

Kaspersky is a little more cautious here than other AVs.
Many, many years ago they lost a lawsuit against an adware vendor.
If adware follows certain rules (has an uninstaller, has an eula,...) it will not be blocked.

maybe the lawsuit is the reason why they are very cautions but, many AVs detecting this app so, they will not be the only vendor detect these apps if they at least follow herding behavior. all these well-known and reputable vendors won't add these apps as false positive and they don't want to get sued so, probably the detection is correct.

you can see the app and upload it to virus total:  Bitorrent download link removed

As far i know in past uTorrent has included some PUA opencandy or something like that.... So best alternative is qBittorrent for example.
But i understand you want solve this case...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nexon said:

As far i know in past uTorrent has included some PUA opencandy or something like that.... So best alternative is qBittorrent for example.
But i understand you want solve this case...

I am trying to help and understand why Kaspersky don't detect obvious and popular Adware Software that has been detected by many AVs.