Kaspersky does not support Accessibility

Good morning
I am a blind user
I am using a computer and software with an NVDA screen reader
I can't use Kaspersky with NVDA screen reader
In previous versions of Kaspersky eg
Kaspersky Internet Security and others. Kaspersky was accessible using the NVDA screen reader
The subject matter was a little tricky, but there was an average level of accessibility

But with the new Kaspersky versions: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium, this is no longer possible
I can't read anything with NVDA screen reader
That's why I'm still using older versions of Kaspersky
Such as Kaspersky Internet Security 20.0.14

can you help me

42 minutes ago, MesterPerfect said:
  1. I will not buy the program until I am sure that I can use it with screen readers

Hello @MesterPerfect

1. Have (you) tested the *Trial* version of Kaspersky Premium or Kaspersky Plus or Kaspersky Standard: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product - with the  NVDA screen reader

Thank you?
Flood?+?

6 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @MesterPerfect

1. Have (you) tested the *Trial* version of Kaspersky Premium or Kaspersky Plus or Kaspersky Standard: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product - with the  NVDA screen reader

Thank you?
Flood?+?

yes 

This is a video showing how a screen reader interacts with the program

https://streamable.com/iovzs9

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, nexon said:

It is on NVDA screen reader side... 

Kaspersky is okay and working fine but this reader cant read some sections in kaspersky and this is not caused by kaspersky. It is by reader.

NVDA screen reader works very well with most programs
It supports programs that care about accessibility
A program that NVDA simply can't read is one whose developers didn't care about accessibility at all

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MesterPerfect said:

yes 

This is a video showing how a screen reader interacts with the program

Hello @MesterPerfect

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a video showing how NVDA interacts with the Kaspersky 21.13 GUI, we really appreciate that!

Clearly we're not experienced with the NVDA software, could you help us please by making another video, showing how the NVDA software interacts with the *older* KIS software please? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @MesterPerfect

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a video showing how NVDA interacts with the Kaspersky 21.13 GUI, we really appreciate that!

Clearly we're not experienced with the NVDA software, could you help us please by making another video, showing how the NVDA software interacts with the *older* KIS software please? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thank you for your cooperation
This is a video showing how nvda screen reader interacts with Kaspersky Internet Security
There are some items and buttons that NVDA cannot read
But these are problems that can be overcome

https://streamable.com/2n3rv3

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MesterPerfect said:
  • This is a video showing how nvda screen reader interacts with Kaspersky Internet Security
  • There are some items and buttons that NVDA cannot read
  • But these are problems that can be overcome

Hello @MesterPerfect

Thank you so much for taking the time to make the second video showing how NVDA interacts with Kaspersky Internet Security 20.0.14 GUI, we really appreciate that!

• From our viewing of both videos, and (your) information/explanation; in both the original & current versions of Kaspersky there's some issues with how NVDA interacts with the Kaspersky software *but*, you've managed to work around the issues in the original software, however, in the current software version you've found that's not as easy to do or not possible at all - would that be a correct summation? 
  1. Please make a numbered list of those items that are not working seamlessly with NVDA software & Kaspersky 21.13 GUI, you may say - watch/listen to the first video *but* your co-operation is sought please - you need to specifically detail each item please? 
  2. Has NVDA been tested with a more recent version of KIS, 21.3.10.391, for example? 
  3. From the second video, it appears that KIS is licensed, with 223 days remaining - please confirm? 
  4. IF the KIS license is active, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either  Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, the videos, the numbered list & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

pn
  • Like 1

Hello, I am also a blind user of kaspersky software.

And I want to support my original content writer friend.
But I would like to point out that all screen readers are the same
nvda
jaws
narrator will be completely unable to pronounce the buttons of the various Kaspersky applications.
You say in the replies.
You can contact the developers of the nvda screen reader
Yes, that's what happened.
We also contacted the developers of the jaws screen reader.
But with regret
The problem here is with the developers of these applications in the first place.
I am not experienced in programming
But
It seems that the programming interface in the first place may be the reason for the incompatibility of these applications with our screen readers.
In fact, most protection applications in general have the same problem
But
As two friends, we love Kaspersky programs, so we contacted you directly.
I contacted kaspersky support by mail, but unfortunately there are no positive responses about this.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, hermina tharwat said:
  1. I contacted Kaspersky support by mail, but unfortunately there are no positive responses about this.

Hello @hermina tharwat

Welcome & thank you for the update and additional information!

1. Please share the Incident reference number, from the Kaspersky support interaction; the reference number begins with: INC0000

Thank you?
Flood?+?

pn

20 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @MesterPerfect

Thank you so much for taking the time to make the second video showing how NVDA interacts with Kaspersky Internet Security 20.0.14 GUI, we really appreciate that!

• From our viewing of both videos, and (your) information/explanation; in both the original & current versions of Kaspersky there's some issues with how NVDA interacts with the Kaspersky software *but*, you've managed to work around the issues in the original software, however, in the current software version you've found that's not as easy to do or not possible at all - would that be a correct summation? 
  1. Please make a numbered list of those items that are not working seamlessly with NVDA software & Kaspersky 21.13 GUI, you may say - watch/listen to the first video *but* your co-operation is sought please - you need to specifically detail each item please? 
  2. Has NVDA been tested with a more recent version of KIS, 21.3.10.391, for example? 
  3. From the second video, it appears that KIS is licensed, with 223 days remaining - please confirm? 
  4. IF the KIS license is active, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either  Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, the videos, the numbered list & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I have not done anything to improve the compatibility of Kaspersky Internet Security with nvda screen reader
NVDA screen reader interacts with KIS graphical interface quite well
Regarding the KIS 21 program
I did an experiment: and came to the conclusion
The accessibility of Kaspersky Internet Security 2021 is less than the accessibility of Kaspersky Internet Security 20
It seems that screen readers cannot interact with the elements that make up the new graphical interface of Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium
There are a lot of accessibility guidelines provided by google and microsoft
These instructions explain how a developer can improve and make their software and tools accessible with screen readers
It seems that the developers of Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium did not read these instructions, at all

38 minutes ago, MesterPerfect said:

It seems that screen readers cannot interact with the elements that make up the new graphical interface of Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium. 

Hello @MesterPerfect

You are  most welcome! 

As per our previous post: 

1. Please make a numbered list of those items that are not working seamlessly with NVDA software & Kaspersky 21.13 GUI, you may say - watch/listen to the first video *but* your co-operation is sought please - you need to specifically detail each item please? 
  2. From the second video, it appears that KIS is licensed, with 223 days remaining - please confirm? 
  3. ?IF the KIS license is active, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either  Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, the videos, the numbered list & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @MesterPerfect

You are  most welcome! 

As per our previous post: 

1. Please make a numbered list of those items that are not working seamlessly with NVDA software & Kaspersky 21.13 GUI, you may say - watch/listen to the first video *but* your co-operation is sought please - you need to specifically detail each item please? 
  2. From the second video, it appears that KIS is licensed, with 223 days remaining - please confirm? 
  3. ?IF the KIS license is active, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either  Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, the videos, the numbered list & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Regarding the license, it is not mine, it is for a friend, so it is in his account and I cannot link it to my account
Regarding the Kaspersky GUI with NVDA screen reader, I will write the elements that it reads in the GUI and the elements that it has access to but does not read its name
Do you want me to do this with KIS or with Kaspersky Basic installed on Windows 11 which is shown in the first video

1 hour ago, MesterPerfect said:
  1. Regarding the license, it is not mine, it is for a friend, so it is in his account and I cannot link it to my account
  2. Regarding the Kaspersky GUI with NVDA screen reader, I will write the elements that it reads in the GUI and the elements that it has access to but does not read its name
  3. Do you want me to do this with KIS or with Kaspersky Basic installed on Windows 11 which is shown in the first video

Hello @MesterPerfect

You are  most welcome! 

1. To log a request *all* that is necessary is the requester uses a paid subscription, your friend may give (you) permission to do that -> (you) don't have to link any account, he/she doesn't have to link any account. The path forward is to log the request with Kaspersky Customer Service, that's how the Kaspersky developers are made aware of (your) concerns, it cannot be done via the Community. 
  2. Excellent. 
  3. Exactly as it says:  make a numbered list of those items that are not working seamlessly with NVDA software & Kaspersky 21.13 GUI (the first video) - specifically detail each item and include the list with the request that is submitted to Kaspersky Customer Service. 
  • ?Log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, the videos, the numbered list & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

pn