Issues with Kaspersky that make my work harder

Hi guys. I’ve been struggling with Kaspersky since I decided to try it - 2-3 weeks ago. I’ve even posted some issues on the forum - 1 of them has been fixed, which is amazing since it was just a few days after I posted about it. Another issue is pending, but I feel it won’t be easy to solve it or it will demand more effort than I can dedicate to it.

I decided to list all main issues I’ve found while using Kaspersky - that I didn’t find in other antivirus solutions or that I’ve found to be easier on them. Maybe some of those features make sense for other users so they can be implemented. Some issues might have a workaround that I’m not aware of - hopefully.

1. There isn’t a single button to fully disable Kaspersky - we have to open the app, go to settings, pick one by one every module, disable, save, confirm (4 clicks per module), for every 15 modules (total 62 clicks...) - and I feel some apps are still being blocked even after doing that;
  2. Some features are found in totally different places, while they seem to handle similar functions - some are in settings or “more tools” (using PT-BR version, not sure how it is in the english version) and some are in the main screen. For instance, I have to go to tools→ security → to undo a file that has been excluded, then I have to go to main screen and choose to add an exclusion to the same file, since Kaspersky will keep blocking it (ugh), I have to open settings → threats and exclusions and add the app to BOTH exclusion and as trustworthy. It varies from app to app, some demand all of the steps above, some demand a different combination of them.
  3. A lot of times Kaspersky bugs when you are trying to handle a threat, adding it to exclusions. You choose this option but the threat remains there until you decide to exclude.
  4. Eventually, even after removing the option to handle threats automatically, Kaspersky gives you simply 2 options: disinfect and restart or disinfect whitout restarting. What if I do not want Kaspersky to do anything?

Clearly one shouldn’t even considering disabling their antiviruses (item 1 above), but after so many issues (items 3 and 4) that’s the only choice we have - and even this proccess (item 2) takes so much time...

I know that’s how the app works, but maybe some of this comments might turn into some better version of it. I do not intend to offend anyone with so many “complaints” - I coul just save my time and not mention it at all, but I decided to give it a try.

Kind regards.

1.  One issue has been fixed.
  2. using PT-BR version, not sure how it is in the English version
  3. I have to go to tools→ security → to undo a file that has been excluded. 
  4. There isn’t a single button to fully disable Kaspersky. 

Hello @fsm1987

Also, to address only these 4 points: 

1. KPM bug was replicable & impacted a number of users.
  2. No difference in GUI design/layout. 
  3. Quarantine is indeed in Tools, Security - it’s a repository for detected objects, not a Setting. 
  4. In Windows hidden icons or on Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon select Pause protection

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

1.  One issue has been fixed.
  2. using PT-BR version, not sure how it is in the English version
  3. I have to go to tools→ security → to undo a file that has been excluded. 
  4. There isn’t a single button to fully disable Kaspersky. 

Hello @fsm1987

Also, to address only these 4 points: 

1. KPM bug impacted a number of users & was replicable. 
  2. No difference in GUI design/layout. 
  3. Quarantine is indeed in Tools, Security - it’s a repository for objects that have been detected, not a Setting. 
  4. Rightclick the Kaspersky icon (in Windows hidden icons or Windows Taskbar), select Pause protection

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

@fsm1987 Welcome back.

1. Please right click the K icon in the system tray
  2. For suggestions we always refer to Kaspersky Technical Support 
  3. Can you please specify the detection 
  4. Can you please specify the detection 

Thank you, Berny and Flood and Flood’s wife! The right click → pause protection is quite intuitive and I didn’t happen to find it - thought it would be in top of settings or main screen - my mistake. Although, perhaps, it could be there as well. All in all, I really feel some features could be “closer”, it is really troublesome to access a file that has been kept from opening or quarantined. Items 2, 3, and 4 (specially 3 and 4) could result in a whole new user experience - in my opinion.

@Berny asked which detections failed to be properly add to exclusion/opened. It varies a lot, but  they were mostly items marked as Not-a-virus. Eventually it works, eventually it doesn’t - happened in all computers I’ve installed Kaspersky. I believe it succeeds in adding the exclusion in some of those ocasions but the items remains there as if I had not chosen what to do with it. Also, if I’ve added and exclusion for this item, I wonder if it wouldn’t make sense to automatically ask or simple restore the previously deleted file. Alternatively (or even better: additionally) restoring the file could prompt the user to choose whether he wants to add an exception / allow such app.

About those items that we are not offered a choice at all - it’s just disinfect + restart or disinfect and try not to restart, I can’t really understand why we wouldn’t be given other choices at all… I really feel it’s quite invasive. Specially considering I didn’t have the setting regarding automatic actions enabled. Also happened in all computers.

• Items marked as Not-a-virus. 

Hello @fsm1987

Thank you for posting back👌

To address “Not-a-Virus” only:

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋