Is there a way to send Kaspersky a file to have it analyzed?

Good evening!

I ran a .pdf when I purchase a course before learning it was a scam. Now that I found out, I ran the file on virustotal and got some things there in the behavior tab, but I don't know how to read it. Is there a way to send Kaspersky the file so they can analyze it for me? I don't want to end up with a ramsonware or something else along with the money that I've already lost. (i never thought the way i'd fall for a scam would come, but oh well... I guess there's a first time for everything! the criminals are each day more sophisticated ugh).

54 minutes ago, Serena89 said:
  1. I ran a .pdf when I purchase a course before learning it was a scam.

Now that I found out, I ran the file on virustotal and got some things there in the behavior tab, but I don't know how to read it.

2. Is there a way to send Kaspersky the file so they can analyze it for me?

I don't want to end up with a ramsonware or something else along with the money that I've already lost.

(i never thought the way i'd fall for a scam would come, but oh well... I guess there's a first time for everything! the criminals are each day more sophisticated ugh).

Hello @Serena89

Welcome!

1. Is it possible to share the Virus Total *scan* URL/link so the Community sees what you see, we need to understand the original issue please? 
  2. Please follow this guide: What to do if a Kaspersky application blocks my website or application - this guide includes using Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal & on support page - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  -  fill in the template as shown, including selecting the software (you) have installed; please include a *detailed history*

image.thumb.png.c58fc9f2512c64a348f15cf4a4b1efe0.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

@Serena89 Welcome

Yes, you can send the file to Kaspersky Virus Lab for analysis.

Spoiler

Go to the site → KasperskyThreat Intelligence Portal

On the bottom left-hand side of the page, click on → Sign in

After logging in with your My Kaspersky account click on the → File Analysis tab

In the "Drag & drop to upload" field click → Add File

Select the file you want to send for analysis

(optional) If you want the analysis to be hidden from other Kaspersky users, check the box → Private submission

To send the file, click → Analyze

Wait for the complete result (this may take a few minutes).

NOTE: The analysis tool is limited to just 1 file per day.

If you want to send more than one file for analysis contact technical support

The analysis may take a few hours or days (normally it doesn't take long), so I ask that you please wait.

If it is considered a false positive, it will be removed from detection in the next update of your Kaspersky product.

Thank you for answering F&FW and Guilherme!

Here is the Virus Total result https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/1ec227d6c4e1fe6285927e9d81a4acc066c22815fa4469f3e6a7baaab4fbec16/behavior

What worries me is the behavior tab, since the antiviruses didn't get any alerts. The PDF creates files in the computer, changes registry and other things. Can you guys please help me read that behavior tab results?

image.thumb.png.09c1a56b63d96b75ce1a7e1acbc32bdd.png

There are lots of things in red, and when you scroll down it tells exactly what its doing, but I don't have knowledge in that.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Serena89 said:

Thank you for answering F&FW and Guilherme!

Here is the Virus Total result https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/1ec227d6c4e1fe6285927e9d81a4acc066c22815fa4469f3e6a7baaab4fbec16/behavior

What worries me is the behavior tab, since the antiviruses didn't get any alerts. The PDF creates files in the computer, changes registry and other things. Can you guys please help me read that behavior tab results?

image.thumb.png.09c1a56b63d96b75ce1a7e1acbc32bdd.png

There are lots of things in red, and when you scroll down it tells exactly what its doing, but I don't have knowledge in that.

Hello @Serena89

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back, the information & for the Virus Total scan link, please follow our guide & submit the .pdf directly to Kaspersky Customer Service - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  -, so they can send it to the Kaspersky Virus Lab *experts* for you - however - additionally - zip the .pdf & add a password - use either MALWARE OR INFECTED - include the Virus Total scan link & a  *detailed history* = explain how (you) were 'scammed' & tell support the password -> only the Kaspersky Virus Lab *experts* are qualified to analyse the file & provide an expert opinion. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
explain the scam - in the *detailed history* submission please.

17 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Serena89

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back, the information & for the Virus Total scan link, please follow our guide & submit the .pdf directly to Kaspersky Customer Service - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  -, so they can send it to the Kaspersky Virus Lab *experts* for you - however - additionally - zip the .pdf & add a password - use either MALWARE OR INFECTED - include the Virus Total scan link & a  *detailed history* = explain how (you) were 'scammed' & tell support the password -> only the Kaspersky Virus Lab *experts* are qualified to analyse the file & provide an expert opinion. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Thank you so much, I followed your instructions and sent the zip file with "malware" password.

Once I hear the results from them I'll return and post about it here.

Have a great week!

• Thanks 1