I am getting a certificate block on exo-ring.msedge.net

jamisan

I am getting a certificate block on exo-ring.msedge.net  which I guess is Kaspersky Web Anti-Virus catching Cortana or Edge browser doing something bad.  Both are disabled.  It is OK that Kaspersky is blocking the site and certificate. Can I turn off the message?  

Hello @jamisan, welcome to the forum.
Your problem is that MS uses an inappropriate certificate for the server. This has been known for months.
It has to do with Cortana, unfortunately MS uses the connection even if Cortana is disabled.
The MS-Forum would be responsible, but unfortunately some narrow-minded users advise, who blame every problem on the third-party AV.
You now have the option to block Cortana completely or you allow the connection.
'Settings->Additional->Network->Manage Exclusions'

Hello  @Carol333,

You’re very welcome👌

If the solution does not work, please let us know or, if the Kaspersky software is licensed, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, they will ask for a GSI & Windows logs, detailed history & images, after the case is submitted, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC#, within 5 business days a Kaspersky Lab human will contact you, you can continue to communicate with the Technical Team via reply email & or by updating the INC# in your MyKaspersky.com account. 

And, please keep us in the loop, we’re interested?

Thank you🙏

Hello  @Carol333 ,

Thank you for replying🙏

• The reason we ask Premium/Free question is, Free has no Technical Support, configuration limitations & advertising. 
  1. Is KAV version20? 
  2. Which browsers are the certificate errors happening in please? 

Please let me know?

Thank you

KAV20 Hardware and software requirements

Hello  @Carol333 ,

Open KAV application, select  🎧 headset (lower left hand corner of KAV screen, opens Support window, in the Support window (your) Operating system, KAV version & patch(x) x =letter,  are shown:

• May I ask for a screen print of the error in any of the browsers please?

To take screen print, select PrntScrn key, paste the screenprint to Paint, save, attach to your reply using the 📎 paperclip icon please? 

Thank you🙏