How do I disable the News notifications in Kaspersky Free?

DaveyJames

A green envelope appears in my Windows 7 system tray and it won't go away until I've clicked on it and read the news. The news items are things unrelated to my Kaspersky Free installation so I have no interest in it.

The support article below tells me how to disable the news but it's referring to menus which don't exist in Kaspersky Free. I installed Kaspersky Free today so I have the most recent version:

https://support.kaspersky.com/help/Kaspersky Free/Win21.5/en-US/137577.htm

The support page says this, however there is NO "News Notification" section: 

In the News notifications section, perform one of the following:

• If you want to receive security news, set the Receive informational messages and advertisements from Kaspersky toggle to On.
  • If you do not want to receive security news, set the Receive informational messages and advertisements from Kaspersky toggle to Off.

Edited by DaveyJames

• 4 weeks later...

Dont think you can get rid of it on the free version, tried to for a few days and Kaspersky seem to have the only links with assistance to this issue, however, every link is either outdated or irrelevant to the issue.

Just uninstall they have no solution.

download anything else or just use Windows and download this when you want to scan something.

I'm personally staying away from programs that don't have basic notification options.

Edited by j.a.r
added text

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello nomorenews

You can definitely disable security news if using Kaspersky Free.

Log into your My Kaspersky account, web browser, not software. At the top right (next to your account name) is a bell icon, click that. You will see a Notifications option for Security News, untick the box and this will switch off Security News notifications, within your software. I've done it myself, and it works.

Note this won't stop the promotional popups, that are part of Kaspersky Free, but will stop all Security News notifications.

It initially confused me, that it had to be disabled via the website account page, not the software.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 10:05 PM, Thoughts said:

Hello nomorenews

You can definitely disable security news if using Kaspersky Free.

Log into your My Kaspersky account, web browser, not software. At the top right (next to your account name) is a bell icon, click that. You will see a Notifications option for Security News, untick the box and this will switch off Security News notifications, within your software. I've done it myself, and it works.

Note this won't stop the promotional popups, that are part of Kaspersky Free, but will stop all Security News notifications.

It initially confused me, that it had to be disabled via the website account page, not the software.

Thank you very much for your solution! I have been searching in many forums for months, Kaspersky removed these options from its application and only obsolete results appear in its Support section.

I had been searching the forums for a long time without finding an answer, these notices are very annoying, I was about to uninstall Kaspersky when I found your solution!

Thanks again :)

Original:
Muchas gracias por tu solución! llevo meses buscando en muchos foros, Kaspersky quitó estas opciones de su aplicación y en su apartado de Soporte sólo aparecen resultados obsoletos.

Llevaba mucho tiempo buscando en foros sin encontrar respuesta, resultan muy molestos estos avisos, a punto estaba de desinstalar Kaspersky cuando di con tu solución!

Gracias de nuevo :)