Gmail finds a virus in .doc attachments but KIS is not able to detect it - any ideas?

Hello,

Yesterday I’ve tried to add a couple of .doc files as attachments to my email in Gmail; for one of them a virus was detected.

Hence, I was unable to attach it.

Neither KIS nor AVZ Toolkit unable to find any viruses (databases are up to date).

Any ideas on what I have to do to find that virus and detect contaminated objects?

Hello, Yesterday I’ve tried to add a couple of .doc files as attachments to my email in Gmail; for one of them a virus was detected. Hence, I was unable to attach it. Neither KIS nor AVZ Toolkit unable to find any viruses (databases are up to date). Any ideas on what I have to do to find that virus and detect contaminated objects?

Hello @Diaghilev

Welcome!

• KIS is up to version version 21.1.15.500c & version 21.2.16.590 is in the process of being rolled out, we recommend updating to at least  21.1.15.500c
  1. Was it GMAIL that blocked the upload of the file, based on detecting a virus? 
  2. Does the .doc file have any macros, embedded objects, anything at all
  3. Has the .doc been scanned with Malwarebytes? 
  4. May we have a screen print of the problem? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi Flood🐳 +🐋, 

1. Has the .doc been scanned with Malwarebytes? 

I do not think it is necessary. 

Hi, @Diaghilev , 

Please upload the .doc file in question for analysis here: https://opentip.kaspersky.com/

If no threats are detected, click the button “Submit to reanalyze”. Enter your email address and describe the issue. Viruslab analysis will double check this file and let you know of the results. 

Send object for re-validation

If you disagree with the object scan results, you can send the object to Kaspersky experts for further analysis. You can specify the reason for sending the object for re-validation or write another comment to help us improve our services. Please provide your email address so that we can contact you.