Epic Games Launcher App

Tif

The app Epic Games Launcher runs for free when Kaspersky Kids is on. I have reinstalled the Safe Kids app numerous times, doesn’t solve the problem. Anyone had any luck with a solution? 

The app Epic Games Launcher runs for free when Kaspersky Kids is on.

Hello @Tif,

Welcome back!

1. Do you mean Epic Games Launcher cannot be blocked, it’s running irrespective of any exclusions you’ve applied or, the Epic Games Launcher premium account is unavailable with KSK on? 
  2. Which device OS is the  Epic Games Launcher  issue on: Windows, MAC, Android? 
  3. Post a full screen image of the issue please? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Neb

Welcome!

We have results for this, however, they may not apply, unless we know:

1. Is Epic games an installed app? 
  2. Does Epic show in Kaspersky Safe Kids (KSK), Manage applications list? 
  3. In KSK, Web monitoring, has a block been applied for epicgames.com
  4. Which KSK version is installed, on the Windows taskbar, rightclick the KSK icon, select About
  5. How old is your child please? 

Please post back, we’d really like to get this sorted?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

So we don’t waste anymore time on this, may we know what 4513164 covers please? 

??? It covers the issue described by Tif. 

Hello @Igor Kurzin 
?

The app Epic Games Launcher runs for free when Kaspersky Kids is on

Care to share, what that means to you

We’re simply trying to ensure all other KSK/Epic games problems are addressed, if they’re related.

We’ve spent hours on this, hours that could have been invested more productively elsewhere, had we known there was an existing bug. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Flood,

I am impressed with your dedication and efforts you put into this community! I looked at this topic as soon as I could and shared the information about the bug. Wish I could have done it earlier, so that you did not have to waste time. Sorry about that. 

As for my understanding of this issue, have a look at the comment from Neb, got the same issue on Win10 and KSK does not block the app. 

Hi! 
so there’s no solution to the EpicGames App for now? 

Sorry for the delayed response: 

1. Is Epic games an installed app? - — yes! 
  2. Does Epic show in Kaspersky Safe Kids (KSK), Manage applications list? - no! 
  3. In KSK, Web monitoring, has a block been applied for epicgames.com ? -No! 
  4. Which KSK version is installed, on the Windows taskbar, rightclick the KSK icon, select About? - latest version(just updated). PC in use.
  5. How old is your child please? - 13yo 

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue. Just found out today. Now it looks like Kaspersky won't resolve this issue as of yet without EVEN FURTHER information.

Current solution will be to uninstall the Epic Games app until the issue is resolved by Kaspersky.

(Contacting Kaspersky is frustrating because they always ask for information that I do not know how to provide. I have had to resolve all my Kaspersky issues on my own thus far. Even when we had a real dialog finally for an issue it was only half fast and again I had to resolve the issue on my own in the end.)