Encrypted Vault Not auto Locking after shutdown

celsurf

I created an encrypted vault using KTS 21.3..10.391(a) and put some files in it a few days ago.

On startup of my laptop today, I go to access the encrypted vault expecting a password popup to appear.

To my surprise, and horror, the encrypted vault opened up when I double clicked the shortcut icon on the desktop !!!

This is a huge error that needs to be addressed.

I created an encrypted vault using KTS 21.3..10.391(a) and put some files in it a few days ago.

On startup of my laptop today, I go to access the encrypted vault expecting a password popup to appear. To my surprise, and horror, the encrypted vault opened up when I double clicked the shortcut icon on the desktop !!! This is a huge error that needs to be addressed.

Hello @celsurf

Also, we tested → video 1 created / locked vault -  including shutting down, restarting, login, etc; video 2, after login, attempted to access the EV via EV shortcut & via KTS - outcome → the EV shortcut is locked, password required to unlock the vault; vault is locked, password required to unlock the vault: 

Link

Link

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I already have KTS 21.3.10.391(a) installed. It was a fresh install.

Are you suggesting that I reinstall the latest version on top of what I already have installed ?

In this case , personally  i should try a clean reinstall.
If this suggestion doesn’t fix your problem  please contact Kaspersky Technical Support :

https://my.kaspersky.com/techsupport#/requests/new

Got the problem figured out ☺

Being a longtime user of Windows 7, you would think that when you shutdown, it is a ‘true’ full  shutdown in Windows 10 as well.

That is not the case. It seems the default when you shutdown in Windows 10  is something other than a full shutdown.

I have adjusted the power setting and eliminated the problem in Windows 10 so a true full shutdown occurs.