Doubts getting started with Kaspersky Standard or Premium after using for so long Kaspersky Internet Security;

Greetings.

I have sent these same question to regional support central by e-mail but wouldn't hurt to ask for assistance here. Some of the question regards:

(1) - When subscribing to Kaspersky Standard/Premium. Do I need todownload a new installer directly from 'My Kaspersky' along with the new license?

(2) -Do I have to completely remove the current 'Kaspersky Internet Security' antivirus before installing a new one?

(3) -When purchasing the new 'Kaspersky Standard/Premium' license, by entering the serial code in 'Kaspersky Internet Security', will this new antivirus service will it be identified and be convert to the current antivirus, without requiring to uninstall my current protection?

(4) -What steps should I take to cancel the automatic renewal of my 'Kaspersky Internet Security' so that I can start the new license with automatic renewal, if possible?

(5) -Can I export my user settings and configurations from 'Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(k)' version to be applied or imported on the new Kaspersky Standard/Premium antivirus settings? Or are they much diferent and could cause unknown bugs or conflict?

Much obliged to anyone of Moderation and Flood and Flood's wife for the help and assist in the past.

5 hours ago, Psiu47 said:
  • Doubts getting started with Kaspersky Standard or Premium after using for so long Kaspersky Internet Security.
  1. What steps should I take to cancel the automatic renewal of my 'Kaspersky Internet Security' so that I can start the new license with automatic renewal, if possible?
  2. Do I have to completely remove the current 'Kaspersky Internet Security' antivirus before installing a new one?
  3. When purchasing the new 'Kaspersky Standard/Premium' license, by entering the serial code in 'Kaspersky Internet Security', will this new antivirus service will it be identified and be convert to the current antivirus, without requiring to uninstall my current protection?
  4. When subscribing to Kaspersky Standard/Premium. Do I need todownload a new installer directly from 'My Kaspersky' along with the new license?
  5. Can I export my user settings and configurations from 'Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(k)' version to be applied or imported on the new Kaspersky Standard/Premium antivirus settings? Or are they much diferent and could cause unknown bugs or conflict?

Hello @Psiu47

Welcome back!

1. None, IF (you) wish, KIS can be upgraded/converted to *Kaspersky Standard* now -> the existing *auto-renewal* will continue when the converted KIS license expires; the upgraded/conversion [KIS to Kaspersky Standard] is free. Kaspersky Standard can be downloaded from: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product - & read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.  It's not possible to *automatically* upgrade/convert from KIS to Kaspersky Premium - we'll discuss this further down the list.
  2. Personal choice - transitioning from Kaspersky's old software (KAV/KIS/KTS/KSC) to Kaspersky's *new* range (Premium/Plus/Standard) has some things to be aware of; we always *start with a clean slate*, other members of the Community belong to the *install over the top* club. 
  3. Kaspersky's *new* subscriptions: (Premium/Plus/Standard) - IF purchased from a Kaspersky website OR via (your) MyKaspersky account - do not get issued with *Activation codes* - instead the License key is sent directly to (your) MyKaspersky account -> the subscription *activates* as soon as the $ payment $ has been successfully processed; read Where to find the activation code for Kaspersky Standard, Plus, Premium. Once *installed* Premium/Plus/Standard *application* must be signed into with the same email address that's used to purchase the subscription so the *installed software* & the License key stored in (your) MyKaspersky account can synchronise. IF the Kaspersky Premium/Plus/Standard subscription is purchased from a physical store OR a 3rd-pty merchant, for example Amazon - an Activation code is emailed to the subscriber & that Activation code can be manually applied to the installed Premium/Plus/Standard software & OR into the MyKaspersky account. 
  4. IF the change is KIS to Kaspersky Standard, it's covered in point 1; IF (you) wish to purchase the Kaspersky Premium subscription we recommend: (a) requesting Kaspersky Customer Service cancel the KIS *auto-renewal* - when the KIS subscription expires no more transactions will happen & the new subscription can be set-up; remember: *Premium/Plus/Standard subscriptions* activate on *purchase* IF purchased via a Kaspersky site, so do not purchase until the existing KIS subscription is on the last day. (b) Kaspersky Premium is the *product* & the *premium service*, read: Comparison of subscription plans & Premium Support Services. (c) How subscription works & If you purchased a subscription from Kaspersky website, Activate a subscription on your device(s)
  5. Always *Export* Kaspersky config - even if you don't use it - it's better to have a backup than to come to a step in a new install & go "OH crap - I didn't backup".  Premium/Plus/Standard 21.6 has had 3 patches issued, many *known* 'bugs' have been addressed & 21.7 is being tested so presumably will be released sometime before the end-of-the-year. 
  • Any questions or issues @Psiu47, please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Very much thank you for this letter and kind attention since the regional support did not yet returned me with an answer. 😞

But I still need to adress about my renewal subscription some notes as it is related to Kaspersky Internet Security if I continue to extend this license it might not be converted automatically as it seems to Kaspersky Standard so will have to be looking to do the old method in uninstalling all traces of KIS to install KS.

I am still reading all documents you're brought and I don't mind losing 39 days left of my current license. In fact I've always been stepping into extend the uses for another year before the end of days just to be sure the extension will be granted. But in this situation is another picture since Kaspersky regional store have been selling me Kaspersky Internet Security since 2018 and the only way to argument about this term is through their support in my region which again still no response 😣.  

If I had to seek the old methods in uninstalling all traces of KIS on my disk and install fresh Kaspersky Standard will the interruption of the protection compromise me of anything in the short pause? I have in the last 5 months moved to a brand new computer with Windows 11 Professional 22H 64 bits  and ever since I have downloaded/installed onto this machine Kaspersky Internet Security using My Kaspersky access and during use of the protection. It still present bugs that haven't solved ever since I was on Windows 7 Professional.

Always wondered why the company rushed to KIS 21.3 when KIS 21.2 was functional and had no problems at least on my end. 

Edited by Psiu47
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Psiu47 said:

Very much thank you for this letter and kind attention since the regional support did not yet returned me with an answer. 😞

But I still need to adress about my renewal subscription some notes as it is related to Kaspersky Internet Security if I continue to extend this license it might not be converted automatically as it seems to Kaspersky Standard so will have to be looking to do the old method in uninstalling all traces of KIS to install KS.

I am still reading all documents you're brought and I don't mind losing 39 days left of my current license. In fact I've always been stepping into extend the uses for another year before the end of days just to be sure the extension will be granted. But in this situation is another picture since Kaspersky regional store have been selling me Kaspersky Internet Security since 2018 and the only way to argument about this term is through their support in my region which again still no response 😣.  

If I had to seek the old methods in uninstalling all traces of KIS on my disk and install fresh Kaspersky Standard will the interruption of the protection compromise me of anything in the short pause? I have in the last 5 months moved to a brand new computer with Windows 11 Professional 22H 64 bits  and ever since I have downloaded/installed onto this machine Kaspersky Internet Security using My Kaspersky access and during use of the protection. It still present bugs that haven't solved ever since I was on Windows 7 Professional.

Always wondered why the company rushed to KIS 21.3 when KIS 21.2 was functional and had no problems at least on my end. 

Hello @Psiu47

You’re most welcome! Thank you for posting back, the extra information & questions, we’ll try to help as much as we can.

1. Do you mind sharing with us please the Region  / Location you are physically located in please & the Incident request number – it’s prefixed with INC000000?
  2. You don’t have to lose any days. KIS & Kaspersky Standard are essentially the same product, one is old (KIS) & one is new (Standard), so the transition is like for like. There should not be a any need to involve Kaspersky support unless the Kaspersky Standard software is not showing in (your) regional site OR in (your) MyKaspersky account OR, when you go to this link: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product OR IF (you’ve) decided you wish to *UPGRADE* from KIS to Premium – even then you do not need Support IF the software is available – you simply wait until KIS expires, on that day purchase the Premium subscription, uninstall KIS, reboot, install Premium, sign into the Premium app on (your) PC with the same email address that (you) use to purchase the Premium subscription – so the Premium application synchronises with the Premium license key stored in (your) MyKaspersky account, run a Database update, run a Full Scan & another reboot & that’s it.
  3. For the short period of time that it takes to do step 2 Windows will be protecting the system.
  4. Unfortunately, without knowing what the *bugs* are or any detail we are unable to comment.
  5. We have no idea, businesses make commercial decisions all the time, often subscribers cannot make sense of these & feel frustrated, but the change has happened & will not be reversed; Kaspersky has gone from 21.2 to 21.3 to 21.6 & is now moving to 21.7 – expected some later this year (we think), they make decisions, hopefully those decisions are compatible with the majority of users.

IF we can help with more information or clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Posted (edited)

Well support got me answered and without any request referred to:

On 30/03/2024 at 19:49, Psiu47 disse:

......What steps should I take to cancel the automatic renewal of my 'Kaspersky Internet Security' so that I can start the new license with automatic renewal, if possible....

They had the will to cancel without any permission to cancel that renewal subscription for this active Kaspersky Internet Security license.

Checked My Kaspersky and it seems it was cancel indeed but license still remain active. 

So they told to subscript or pay for a new license manually. And they assured the method of keeping KIS protection installed while downloading and executing Kaspersky Standard installer do confirm to your statement. 

But I didn't know the support could do anything without asking first. I had question so they were supposed to attend with instructions which partially did but they have changed the status of automatic payment without I even having told them to do.

It got me by surprised but they surely should have been honestly asked ( as I've been an user/client for 5 years ) for my permission If wanted to proceed with any alteration without doing this intrusive action as they have taken.

😨 Anyhow, I am now going to keep reading all the articles, document pages you have kindly arranged and scheduling in the next days this new subscription to KS protection. And hopefully with no bugs except for incompatibilty with the protection operating while doing certain actions such as background scan ( rootkit ) or updating when I have other programs in motion. But it will end to me once again to study this new antvirus protection review about.

I thank Kaspersky forum for the guidance it have been providing when so much need.

Edited by Psiu47
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Psiu47 said:

Well support got me answered and without any request referred to:

They had the will to cancel without any permission to cancel that renewal subscription for this active Kaspersky Internet Security license.

Checked My Kaspersky and it seems it was cancel indeed but license still remain active. 

So they told to subscript or pay for a new license manually. And they assured the method of keeping KIS protection installed while downloading and executing Kaspersky Standard installer do confirm to your statement. 

But I didn't know the support could do anything without asking first. I had question so they were supposed to attend with instructions which partially did but they have changed the status of automatic payment without I even having told them to do.

It got me by surprised but they surely should have been honestly asked ( as I've been an user/client for 5 years ) for my permission If wanted to proceed with any alteration without doing this intrusive action as they have taken.

😨 Anyhow, I am now going to keep reading all the articles, document pages you have kindly arranged and scheduling in the next days this new subscription to KS protection. And hopefully with no bugs except for incompatibilty with the protection operating while doing certain actions such as background scan ( rootkit ) or updating when I have other programs in motion. But it will end to me once again to study this new antvirus protection review about.

I thank Kaspersky forum for the guidance it have been providing when so much need.

Hello  @Psiu47

You are most welcome! 

Thank you for posting back & for sharing the information, we do understand your concerns. 

Support may have slightly misunderstood - however - do not worry too much; the *existing* KIS license remains valid & active until it's expiry date; on that date please manually purchase a new *subscription* either Kaspersky Standard, which is the equivalent to KIS, or if you wish: Kaspersky Plus OR Kaspersky Premium - remember to read the Comparison of subscription plans - so you can see the differences between Standard/Plus/Premium. 

Also remember, IF you wish, you can *upgrade/convert* KIS to  Kaspersky Standard for free - before KIS expires - doing that would give you time to test Kaspersky Standard before buying a *new* subscription & may help you make a decision regarding Standard/Plus/Premium. 

IF you don't use Kaspersky Password Manager & Kaspersky Premium VPN, it's possible you'll decide to stay with Kaspersky Standard - only buy what you need. 

Regarding any bugs, either in KIS or any new Kaspersky software, always log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service & always raise a topic in the Community - if you believe the root-cause is Kaspersky; please follow the guide from Danila T.: Read before you create a new topic! The Community will always try to provide some help.

IF we can help with more information, please do not hesitate to ask?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋