Can One View Videos Watched in Youtube App?

silk fire

I was wondering if there's a way to monitor what videos my child is watching in the Youtube app through my Kapersky Safe Kids subscription? I can look at the watch history on his phone, but he can delete that. Perhaps there's an option or a tab I'm just not seeing.

Hello silk fire, Welcome! Safe Search in YouTube is supported, however, that functions by monitoring if your child searches something that belongs to the categories such as Adult, Alcohol, Drugs, Profanity, Racism, and Tobacco, Kaspersky Safe Kids defines this search request as forbidden, blocks it and displays a warning. The content your child is permitted to watch is not logged. Thank you:pray_tone3:

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I don’t see youtube searches in my internet report, even though I know my kid spends time watching videos. Has anyone encountered this?

Hello @canadianmom

Welcome!

1. IConfirm KSK version is up to date? → image 1
  2. n the MyKaspersky account, in the KSK Summary Report, which "events" filter is selected -> image 2? 
  3. In the MyKaspersky account, Web activity monitoring, check Safe Search on YouTube is ticked → image 3we also recommend ticking Safe search & Notify about searches on restricted themes → image 3
  4. Youtube results, search & actual videos watched - image 4
  5. Confirm your child is using Google Chrome or Edge Chromium browser?
  6. Confirm your child is not using a VPN? 
  7. Confirm your child is not using a Torrent/uTorrent browser? 

• Please let us know your child’s age? 
  • Please post an image of the KSK, Internet report? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for answering! I have the most updated version for my phone, though I’m not sure if it’s the same one that you’ve mentioned. Everything is ticked just like you said. When I go to the Internet Reports I see that she’s been on Youtube, but it doesn’t tell me the search terms or a link to the video, just “youtube.com”. Here’s an example:

I’m quite certain she’s not using a VPN or Torrent browsers, she’s just using the Youtube App on her phone, no browser at all.

Thanks for your help!

Hello @canadianmom

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the update👌

• For mobile phones, KSK logs the searches a child makes using the Youtube app, but does not log the actual videos viewed
  • Clearly KSK, can log Youtube application events; it appears as tho KSK has not been developed to log all required information. 
  • For Windows computers, KSK logs what is viewed when a child watches Youtube via a Supported browser & all internet searches

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@Igor Kurzin,

Please engage, is any development work being done to have KSK log Youtube app activity? 

I was wondering if there's a way to monitor what videos my child is watching in the Youtube app through my Kapersky Safe Kids subscription? I can look at the watch history on his phone, but he can delete that. Perhaps there's an option or a tab I'm just not seeing.

Good day! 

Unfortunately, in current version KSK does not log Youtube app activity. 

We have a requirement to implement this feature in future versions of KSK. No ETA at the moment. 

Regards,

Igor