Blizzard Bnet.exe detected as UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic

JohnnyR2D2
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Starting tonight Total Security thinks that the Bnet.exe from Blizzard which I use to play World of Warcraft is a malware (UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic). Tried to ignore, tried to add to exclusions. tried to add to the trusted files and NOTHING worked. Last thing I need is a software that thinks for himself and DO NOT LET ME control it. I'm a Kaspersky subscriber since 1998 (22 years) and NEVER thought about changing it but I'm seriously about to do it.

Starting tonight Total Security thinks that the Bnet.exe from Blizzard which I use to play World of Warcraft is a malware (UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic). Tried to ignore, tried to add to exclusions. tried to add to the trusted files and NOTHING worked. 

Hello @JohnnyR2D2

Welcome back!

• 🅰 Which KTS version & patch(x) x=letter; is installed → on the Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About ?
  • 🅱 Please post the Md5 / Hash of the detected file? 
  • 1 After trying How to exclude a file, folder, or type of threat from scanning, and if you trust the file, have you also tried the following steps:
  1. Paused protection
  2. Restored the detected file from quarantine 
  3. Excluded the object
  4. Made the object Trusted
  5. Enabled protection

➡ If “yes”, and the detection persists, please do the following: 

• 2 Check the detected object using Kaspersky Open Threat portaland select the Submit to reanalyze option, add your email address & comments to send to Kaspersky experts for further analysis.
  • 3 Zip the detected file, name the zip archive “infected”, (even if you believe it’s a false positive), add a password to the archive, create a MalwareFalse positive request to Technical Support, follow our image as a guide; include as much specific information as possible, the KTS detection report, add the zip archive & password,  the URL/link to this Community topic: Support may request Logs & or other system data, they will guide you if necessary. 
  • ☢ If the detection is a false positive, Support will fix it, if not they will tell you why not☢

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  •  4 It would also be good to let the Blizzard team know. 

When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks Igor,

Here is the file for you to download and since Kaspersky deleted the previous one I just fresh downloaded directly from Blizzard and the issue remains. As I said, no matter what I do Kaspersky keeps deleting the file by itself. Added the file/path to the Exclusions, Added to the Trusted Files, Added the ENTIRE Hard Drive to the exclusions and NOTHING works. What REALLY bothers me and pisses me off is the fact I CAN'T CONTROL what Kaspersky is doing even with perform recommended actions automatically being UNCHECK since forever. After my post yesterday I added the Hard Drive to the Exclusions and then reinstalled BNet and this morning after turn my computer on Kaspersky had deleted the file again WITHOUT any warning.

_https://filebin.net/1ocat0g51w3ajbnc  [Link disabled]

Flood mentioned in his canned response that I can remove/restore the file from Quarantine however and I went there it's empty.

To help you a bit more I’ve added I few prints below and last but not least my KTS version is 21.2.16.590 (a)

Thanks

And Honestly? I CAN'T have/use a software that I CAN'T CONTROL IT’S ACTIONS so it’s better Kaspersky have that in mind and make something about it or they are going to lose a +20 years loyal customer. While I understand that MOST of the users should let KTS take care of the things, KTS should have an option for Advanced Users to make possible to control it what it’s doing or not.