Windows security notification to "turn on virus protection" at every startup even though Kaspersky is enabled?

Hello, I’m back yet again. My issue is exactly like this topic from the Kaspersky community but it has gone unanswered.

As the title and the linked post say, I always get a notification + sound from Windows Security once every startup (about 2-3 minutes after login screen) telling me to turn on my virus protection. But when I open Windows Security, Kaspersky is always enabled and on. I can also see with task manager/logs that Kaspersky had been running essentially right at startup.

It’s not the biggest issue but it is a slight annoyance, and I was wondering if there was a way to “fix” this. Thanks.

Hello, I’m back yet again. My issue is exactly like this topic from the Kaspersky community but it has gone unanswered. As the title and the linked post say, I always get a notification + sound from Windows Security once every startup (about 2-3 minutes after login screen) telling me to turn on my virus protection. But when I open Windows Security, Kaspersky is always enabled and on. I can also see with task manager/logs that Kaspersky had been running essentially right at startup.

It’s not the biggest issue but it is a slight annoyance, and I was wondering if there was a way to “fix” this. Thanks.

Hello @torenten

Welcome back!

• Re the linked topic, after his initial reply, the person who submitted the topic did not reply; that makes it very hard for anyone in the Community to continue to assist.  
  1. Post a full screen screen-print of “Windows security notification → turn on virus protection" & post back → we need to see what you see? 
  2. In Windows Search🔎 field, type    Windows Defender Firewall →  open the Windows Defender Firewall app, take a full screen screen-print & post back please? 
  3. Is Windows Defender anti-virus, Periodic scanning ON or OFF → post a screen-print please? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello, I’m back yet again. My issue is exactly like this topic from the Kaspersky community but it has gone unanswered. As the title and the linked post say, I always get a notification + sound from Windows Security once every startup (about 2-3 minutes after login screen) telling me to turn on my virus protection. But when I open Windows Security, Kaspersky is always enabled and on. I can also see with task manager/logs that Kaspersky had been running essentially right at startup.

Hello @torenten

Welcome back!

• Re the linked topic, after his initial reply, the person who submitted the topic did not reply; that makes it very hard for anyone in the Community to continue to assist.  
  1. Post a full screen screen-print of “Windows security notification → turn on virus protection" & post back → we need to see what you see? 
  2. In Windows Search🔎 field, type    Windows Defender Firewall →  open the Windows Defender Firewall app, take a full screen screen-print & post back please? 
  3. Is Windows Defender anti-virus, Periodic scanning ON or OFF → post a screen-print please? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Happy to see you again Flood. Here are the following screenshots/answers to your questions. I also want to apologize in advance as I won’t be able to respond back to you for a bit.

1. Here is what the notification looks like (I blurred out my file names for privacy). Also in case you are wondering, I only have the free on-demand scan version of Malwarebytes installed, so it shouldn’t be conflicting with Kaspersky’s real-time protection.
  1. Here is the Windows Defender Firewall page.

As you can see, it is being entirely controlled by Kaspersky. One thing to note though is that even though Kaspersky Firewall is turned on, Windows Defender Firewall itself does startup automatically and runs in the background, which is something I can’t change in services. According to the Windows Security Center, the Windows Defender Firewall is off when Kaspersky’s is on, and does automatically turn itself on if Kaspersky’s is disabled.

1. My periodic scanning is set to off.

One more thing I feel I should mention. In services, the Security Center (WSCSVC) is set to an automatic (delayed) startup. I can’t change any of the startup settings for this either, and not even sure if this is even related to my issue.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @torenten

Welcome back!

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Happy to see you again Flood. Here are the following screenshots/answers to your questions. I also want to apologize in advance as I won’t be able to respond back to you for a bit.

1. Here is what the notification looks like (I blurred out my file names for privacy). Also in case you are wondering, I only have the free on-demand scan version of Malwarebytes installed, so it shouldn’t be conflicting with Kaspersky’s real-time protection.
  1. Here is the Windows Defender Firewall page.

As you can see, it is being entirely controlled by Kaspersky. One thing to note though is that even though Kaspersky Firewall is turned on, Windows Defender Firewall itself does startup automatically and runs in the background, which is something I can’t change in services. According to the Windows Security Center, the Windows Defender Firewall is off when Kaspersky’s is on, and does automatically turn itself on if Kaspersky’s is disabled.

1. My periodic scanning is set to off.

One more thing I feel I should mention. In services, the Security Center (WSCSVC) is set to an automatic (delayed) startup. I can’t change any of the startup settings for this either, and not even sure if this is even related to my issue.

Cheers.

Hello,

The service “Kaspersky Anti-Virus Service 21.3”. its boot type is automatic, right?

Regards.