When is the next updates for the detection/anti-virus signatures?

erniecolorado1

I have the free virus scanner that I love, but I notice you do not have the ability to update to the most recent anti virus signatures and detections. The last I see is August 12, 2022. That is several months ago. When are you going to release the most current updates/detections/signatures for the Kaspersky  Virus Removal Tool, currently at version 20.0.10.0. Database release date: 08/12/2022 08:23??? See screenshot attachment.

kaspersky free tool.jpg

26 minutes ago, erniecolorado1 said:

I have the free virus scanner that I love, but I notice you do not have the ability to update to the most recent anti-virus signatures and detections. The last I see is August 12, 2022. That is several months ago. When are you going to release the most current updates/detections/signatures for the

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, currently at version 20.0.10.0. Database release date: 08/12/2022 08:23

Hello @erniecolorado1

Welcome!

Please read: Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2020:

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is designed for a one-time virus scan as it does not feature database updates and will not protect against new threats. Once the scan is complete, install an antivirus solution on your computer to ensure real-time protection.

& please note: Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2020 - info, download, by Danila TKaspersky Virus Removal Tool is not intended for long-term use as it does not protect your computer in the real-time mode. After the computer is disinfected, remove the tool and install the full-scale antivirus solution.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

57 minutes ago, erniecolorado1 said:

I have the free virus scanner that I love

Additional @erniecolorado1

As an alternative, for realtime Kaspersky protection - Kaspersky have: Kaspersky Security Cloud Free for Windows®, from their Global website, with a variety of regions available OR, if by chance (your) tag erniecolorado1 indicates (you're) in the US, Kaspersky have released: Kaspersky Free for Windows®, in non-Californian & Californian versions. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

@erniecolorado1 Welcome

10 hours ago, erniecolorado1 said:

The last I see is August 12, 2022. That is several months ago.

The KVRT Database release "08/12/2022" in your screenshot has a date format "day / month / year" 
and is showing "December 8, 2022" but not "August 12, 2022".

The Kaspersky download servers are offering continuously  a KVRT installer that contains the latest Databases,
which can be downloaded anytime  to obtain the latest definitions.

kvrt_new.jpg.9304100a55995e99bb03758dd0b25ce8.jpg

After 7 days KVRT will notify “This version is obsolete. Update now.” → https://support.kaspersky.com/8513
please see screenshot below from a KVRT installer  downloaded on February 25, 2021

kvrt_old.jpg.2f9964ea3381f50eafe0c3dc710639fc.jpg

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is a portable application without real-time protection,
but this free virus scanner can  be very useful in some specific cases.

• Like 1