Vulnerability found on scan

@Stevex,

I regularly get a similar warning for TeamViewer from Kaspersky Premium because it permits remote access to your computer.  The program is not infected and presents no danger when properly used.  Kaspersky is simply notifying you of a potential vulnerability.  I installed that program to assist my clients remotely.

I am wondering if, at some time, you activated or used Chrome Remote Access.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1649523?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop#:~:text=Access a computer remotely,select which computer you want.

If not, then I am not sure why you are getting that warning.  I will defer to my colleagues here who are far more knowledgeable than I am to respond to your query.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil

36 minutes ago, Stevex said:

This was found on my latest scan.

What part of Google Chrome is vulnerable?

I hardly ever use Chrome, but it is up to date.

Hello @Stevex

Welcome back!

IF (you) drag the bar down - on the right-hand-side in the lower section of the Report window is there more information available please?

image.thumb.png.de0daebcd03015b8fe7bdf953f655087.png

-> Also, from (your) Report: The event "We found an application that can be used by intruders to damage your computer or personal data." is typically used by Kaspersky to alert users there is specific software installed that could be used to compromise their security - in case the user did not know the software was installed on their computer - however - we would not expect that warning to show for Google chrome. 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added Also etc. || Chrome is up to date.
  • Like 2