Updating the actual application

gmstein
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

This may sound like a silly question so please bear with me. I update the databases automatically. But do I need to update the actual application ? (like do I need to download the latest version from website and install it periodically ?). There is also an option to download the latest version from my Kaspersky account. So do I need to actually update the actual application ?

• Solution

Hello @gmstein

Welcome again!

It’s not a silly question!

Recently, Kaspersky released a new version, v21.2 & since then, a patch for the new version, patch(a).

Kaspersky have changed the version update & patch update process, all are now supposed to happen automatically. 

Version & patch releases are done in staggered distribution, around the globe, the cycle generally takes a month. 

A version & patch will arrive “silently”, if you do not reboot your computer in the 7 days after a version or patch has arrived, you’ll see a Recommendation/notification, advising a Computer reboot is required → image 1 & the Kaspersky icon will turn red → image 2. 

It’s also possible to manually download the latest version from the Kaspersky global website.

1. Is your software Kaspersky Free or Kaspersky Security Cloud Free
  2. May we know your location please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

One more thing. Will the tweaks and settings that I made to the application be preserved after installing the new one ? (what I mean is that will the settings be set to default values ? )

Hello @gmstein,

You’re most welcome☺ !

• Before uninstalling/updating to MR2, Export Kaspersky Security Cloud settings, then, if there are any settings that have not migrated, you’ll be able to Import the config file. 
  • Kaspersky Security Cloud Free installer

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋