Unable to remove malware, program stuck

My Kaspersky Premium seems to stuck on removing some malware from my PC. It found 80 issues and I clicked to fix them. I did it few hours ago and the program is still "working". It looks like it stuck. I already restarted the system and nothing changed.

Also, the program shows constantly: "Removing these objects requires your decision". It did ask me to make some decisions, which were limited to ignoring some of the issues it found. I did so hoping that maybe I will be able to remove it later by myself.

image.thumb.png.66d08dc9758b7c5ced7f16aff4f9dc53.png

image.thumb.png.3cc3eb63b8af15d1d28cb6d7ac040056.png

image.thumb.png.e9a5c3f64f76bbea8829c4d6125bf4f7.png

@Michal_TO Welcome

Kaspersky manages emails carefully to preserve the integrity of the inbox like @harlan4096 said to you. To avoid problems, emails with default settings are not automatically deleted or moved to quarantine.

Please try the following procedure:

1. Back up your Thunderbird data: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird or Thunderbird → Tools → Export
  2. Compress folders: Thunderbird → File → Compress Folders
  3. Repair the trash folder: Thunderbird → "Recycle Bin" → Right-click → Properties → Repair folder
  4. Clear Thunderbird cache and history on the system: CCleaner → Clear Internet Cache & Cookies
  5. See this Thunderbird support article: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/compacting-folders#w_why-is-compact-required
  • Like 2

@Michal_TO

Don't worry, there is no dumb question, we are all here to learn from each other 🙂 

Please see the image that @Bernymade available in another post here in the community.

Spoiler

usb_fix_02.thumb.jpg.273eef058308d9efb47bf614d419eeb0.jpg.1067542249245c8ee5138435c9524005.jpg

But, you shouldn't search for "Recycle Bin" in the settings.

What you should do is right-click on the folder where the emails are located → Properties → Repair folder

Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 1