Sin in to my Kaspersky - missing Decline - do not remind me option

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

@Berny,

We’re aware Kaspersky Community cannot fix the issue, however, as far as we understand, the Community portal exists for users of Kaspersky software to raise and discuss issues with Kaspersky software. 

The Sign in to My Kaspersky - missing “Decline - do not remind me” option, is one such issue. 

Kaspersky Lab claim this has been fixed. 

From: Kaspersky Lab Support, sent: Monday, 1 June 2020 12:28

“The issue of the decline option not appearing was found to be a bug, it has been fixed in patch K .”

unquote

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD hello,

Have you tried to press Remind me later?

The button to Decline should appear (in one of the next such notifications) after clicking on Remind me later button.

If it does not appear, then please contact Tech support.

Hello @Anton Mefodys

Thank you for replying🙏

Re “Have we tried Remind me later option?” we actually got sick and tired of selecting Remind me later, that’s the point, furthermore, thus far, we’ve been guided by Kaspersky Technical Support as follows:

1. On the latest Patch J and Patch K for Kaspersky Total Security 2020, user will have to sign in their MyKaspersky account thus our license will be more easily managed and synced. User may choose to refuse the sign in, but it will later prompt as a reminder again.
  2. This is not an issue as this is by design of our latest Patch J and Patch K for Kaspersky; there will be no decline option as we recommend all user to sign their MyKaspersky account.User may choose to refuse the sign in, but it will later prompt as a reminder again.
  3. The option to decline the registration/login of MyKaspersky account will appear on the third appearance of the notification.
  4. Please do also note that we had a bug (option didn't appear after third popup appearance) ; rest assured, related to this form which is fixed in patch K for Kaspersky products (20th version). Patch is being deployed during the upcoming week.
  5. The option to decline the registration/login of MyKaspersky account will appear on the third appearance of the notification." is available on the current Patch J version. Unfortunately, some user may experience the bug issue that it doesn't appear, thus our developer has fixed the issue on the upcoming Patch K.
  6. If the "Don't remind me anymore" option did not appear on your Patch J earlier (no matter how many times the notification prompted), you could be affected by the bug which was addressed in the newly released Patch K.

unquote

• Can Kaspersky explain the logic, if it exists, in “The button to Decline should appear (in one of the next such notifications) after clicking on Remind me later button”?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD 

As I understand it was designed this way to motivate to login to MyK (the convenient service to manage devices, licenses, settings, etc).

But if it is not prefferable to use MyK service somewhy, then there is an option to decline that should appear in the scenario I decribed earlier.

• Solution

Hello @Anton Mefodys,

Thank you for replying🙏

We understand Kaspersky would like all users to utilise the MyKaspersky tools, we do not understand why we have to jump thru hoops, selecting Remind me later option multiple times, to force the Decline option to materialize; why make it so hard, why can’t the popup have 3 choices, from the very first instance the popup displays:

Sign in now.

Remind me later.

Decline - do not remind me again.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Anton Mefodys,

So despite the fact multiple Kaspersky users have identified the issue and (our) multiple engagements with Tech support, to get this fixed, as is needed, it’s still reliant on us to “create a suggestion”? 

Really?

The solution already exists, it’s just that it’s poorly implemented. 

This one is not rocket science🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Anton Mefodys 
Thank you for replying.

So, despite the fact multiple Kaspersky users have identified the issue, and (our) multiple engagements with Tech Support, to get this fixed, as is needed, it's still reliant on us to "create a suggestion"?
Really?
The "solution" already exists, (ioo) it's just that it's poorly implemented.
This one is not rocket science.
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳

Hello @Anton Mefodys,
Thank you for your reply.
We've now replied twice and twice our reply has been censored.
You may not like our reply, however, it's factual, entirely reasonable and respectful.

These are the facts:

Multiple Kaspersky customers raised concerns about lack of Decline option & muliple engagements with TS have already been made.

Kaspersky implemented a solution.

(ioo) the solution is not satisfactory.

Improving an existing solution should not be contingent on Kaspersky customers re-doing work, we have limited resources, we'd like not have to spend so much time, communicating with TS, for something that Kaspersky is already aware of & can so easily be fixed with 2 simple tweaks.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 1 year later...