Rootkit Scan Not Starting Automatically

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Recently, I noticed that the rootkit check is not being done automatically, with the last time it was executed being on the 18th.

It is configured to start automatically. Yesterday, I followed some procedures I found here on the forum:

"Download new Kaspersky installer.
    Uninstall Kaspersky application, saving License information only.
    Reboot, power on, login.
    Install Kaspersky application.
    Run manual Database update.
    Reboot, power on, login.
    Make sure Kaspersky application is synced with your My.Kaspersky account.
    Recheck Rootkit scan runs within 24 hours."

After 24 hours of performing the previous procedure, the check is still not starting automatically. I did a manual check using the command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky 21.17\avp.com" start scan_qscan.

The scan did not detect any threats, but I would like the automatic scan to work again. If these details are helpful, I scheduled the database update to be done daily at 2:30 PM, the full scan at 3:00 PM, and the application vulnerability scan at 3:30 PM.

Win 11 - 23H2

Kaspersky Plus 21.17.7.539

• Solution
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GuiBesb said:

Win 11 - 23H2, Kaspersky Plus 21.17.7.539

Recently, I noticed that the rootkit check is not being done automatically, with the last time it was executed being on the 18th.

It is configured to start automatically. Yesterday, I followed some procedures I found here on the forum:

After 24 hours of performing the previous procedure, the check is still not starting automatically. I did a manual check using the command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky 21.17\avp.com" start scan_qscan.

The scan did not detect any threats, but I would like the automatic scan to work again.

I scheduled the database update to be done daily at 2:30 PM, the full scan at 3:00 PM, and the application vulnerability scan at 3:30 PM.

Hello @GuiBesb

Welcome!

• *READ: Kaspersky for Windows, Background Scan - especially the parameters that control Background Scans*
  • *As FYI - the Rootkit scan is run as a part of the Full Scan & the Quick Scan*
  • *Second 'tip', IF (you) haven't done so, for Full & Quick Scans -> *after* running a clean scan, select -> Scan only new and modified files.
  1. Export Kaspersky Settings - see Manage Settings images at the end of reply. 
  2. Restore Kaspersky Settings - see Manage Settings images at the end of reply.
  3. *Don't import Kaspersky Settings/config file while the problem is being worked on*
  4. Shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power computer ON by pressing the power button, login. 
  5. Make sure Kaspersky Plus is running. 
  6. Don't *manually* run a Rootkit scan, wait for it to run
  7. IF the Rootkit scan does not *automatically* run in 36 hours *after* doing steps 1 to 5, log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - 
    on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown in the image below; please include a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you:              image.thumb.png.ef006a6e67a244358574bfd7ecb722ff.png       
  8. Now the ORIGINAL config can be Imported.        

Please update the Community with the outcome?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Manage Settings:

image.thumb.png.4f6f9b8eb7cab9314ccf0c39bd81f221.png

image.thumb.png.1b5acdca7e639d758b7446cbd39ac2cc.png

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added images, Full & Quick Scans -> *after* running a clean Full scan, select -> Scan only new and modified files, https://support.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-for-windows/21.17/199672

11 horas atrás, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello @GuiBesb

Welcome!

• *READ: Kaspersky for Windows, Background Scan - especially the parameters that control Background Scans*
  • *As FYI - the Rootkit scan is run as a part of the Full Scan & the Quick Scan*
  • *Second 'tip', IF (you) haven't done so, for Full & Quick Scans -> *after* running a clean scan, select -> Scan only new and modified files.
  1. Export Kaspersky Settings - see Manage Settings images at the end of reply. 
  2. Restore Kaspersky Settings - see Manage Settings images at the end of reply.
  3. *Don't import Kaspersky Settings/config file while the problem is being worked on*
  4. Shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power computer ON by pressing the power button, login. 
  5. Make sure Kaspersky Plus is running. 
  6. Don't *manually* run a Rootkit scan, wait for it to run
  7. IF the Rootkit scan does not *automatically* run in 36 hours *after* doing steps 1 to 5, log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - 
    on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown in the image below; please include a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you:              image.thumb.png.ef006a6e67a244358574bfd7ecb722ff.png       
  8. Now the ORIGINAL config can be Imported.        

Please update the Community with the outcome?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Manage Settings:

image.thumb.png.4f6f9b8eb7cab9314ccf0c39bd81f221.png

image.thumb.png.1b5acdca7e639d758b7446cbd39ac2cc.png

I followed the indicated steps and as soon as i restored the settings, the rootkit check started automatically. I beliave it has been fixed.

Thank you for the response and i will return with the feedback within 36 hours.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GuiBesb said:
18 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

I followed the indicated steps and as soon as i restored the settings, the rootkit check started automatically. I believe it has been fixed.

Thank you for the response and i will return with the feedback within 36 hours.

Hello @GuiBesb

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the interim-update! Excellent news! Well done! 

Flood🐳+🐋