recover/delete big Duplicated file from quarantine which has filled the HD

regressist

I downloaded an iso file of 4.5GB. I checked it with Kaspersky and it found two trojans. After which it has quarantined the file but looks like it has copied it somewhere since the HD has size shrinked by 9GB now. I want to stop the quarantine (anyway I will not run the content) so that I recover the 4.5 GB extra. Thanks for the support (I run Vista 32 bit)

UPDATE: I deleted the original file and I got back 4.5 GB of course but I am still missing the other 4.5. I checked in the quarantined and the file is not listed, anyway I deleted all the files in the quarantine. Nothing changed. I am quite annoyed by this as you can imagine

Welcome. There are two courses of action. One is to please pass your mouse cursor over the Kaspersky tray icon and tell us the full, complete name and version number of your Kaspersky product; and the other is to contact Tech Support. Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/ Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: a. Description of the issue. b. Screenshot, as needed. c. GSI

UPDATE: I deleted the original file and I got back 4.5 GB of course but I am still missing the other 4.5. I checked in the quarantined and the file is not listed, anyway I deleted all the files in the quarantine. Nothing changed. I am quite annoyed by this as you can imagine
Just use an app that list files by size like the portable Largest Files Finder, or portable TreeSize 4.3.1, or, portable WizTree 3.19..

Thank you for the suggestion, I used WinDirStat which allowed to find it in C:\Users\me***\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4GCJE927 I deleted it with the same tool, with the VIsta file manager even though set to see hidden files I only was able to reach C:\Users\me***\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Do you know why \Temporary Internet Files are more than hidden? Anyway can I delete completely the directory which is taking up some space actually?

"Do you know why \Temporary Internet Files are more than hidden?
Hello regressist, This article answers the "more than hidden" question: https://www.techrepublic.com/forums/discussions/why-is-the-temporary-internet-files-folder-system-protected-in-vista/
  1. To be safe, before deleting anything, always have a current restore point and verified system image.
Thanks.

Thank you for the suggestion, I used WinDirStat which allowed to find it in C:\Users\me***\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4GCJE927 I deleted it with the same tool, with the VIsta file manager even though set to see hidden files I only was able to reach C:\Users\me***\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Do you know why \Temporary Internet Files are more than hidden? Anyway can I delete completely the directory which is taking up some space actually?