VPN failed to connect

Dear Sir !

When I try to use Kaspersky VPN, I receive an error message (Please check your window firewall and virtual adapter settings.)

Please see the attachment and help me to resolve this problem

Thanks
Hemant Latawa

vpn.jpg

• The title was changed to Please check your window firewall and virtual adapter settings.
Posted (edited)

Mr. Berny

My real location is in India. I have already restored the Windows Firewall settings. However, I am still having the same problem.

Please see the attachment

kas.jpg

Edited by Hemant Latawa
attachment

1. ) Please check your version of Kaspersky VPN....

2.) Did you tried uninstall Kaspersky VPN? If not i would try uninstall kaspersky vpn from control panel then restart pc.
After restart try install kaspersky vpn and check the problem.

• Like 1

Before I registered on the Kaspersky Forum, I read many Topic here related to my problem. I have uninstalled VPN twice, removed temporary files, and downloaded VPN from the Kaspersky website. But I still have the same problem.

We used VPN for checking keywords ranking in different locations. That's why we always need VPN running.

Thanks
Hemant Latawa

@Hemant Latawa 

12 minutes ago, Hemant Latawa said:

My real location is in India.

Please see in my link above → "Suspended sales in India"

Also , according Kaspersky Technical Support :
"Kaspersky VPN in India for new users will not be available anymore due to regional law from the start of 2024. For existing users like you, the Kaspersky VPN will continue until its expiry date with no issues."

For further investigation you may eventually contact Kaspersky Tech Support , the link is located at the top of this Webpage.

• Like 1

Just now, Berny said:

@Hemant Latawa 

Please see in my link above → "Suspended sales in India"

Also , according Kaspersky Technical Support :
"Kaspersky VPN in India for new users will not be available anymore due to regional law from the start of 2024. For existing users like you, the Kaspersky VPN will continue until its expiry date with no issues."

For further investigation you may eventually contact Kaspersky Tech Support , the link is located at the top of this Webpage.

Sir !

I've been using Kaspersky products for three years now.

4 minutes ago, Hemant Latawa said:

Sir !

I've been using Kaspersky products for three years now.

Yes but these restricitions as Berny idicates comming by Goverment of India. In some countries is VPN disabled by for example China, Belarus etc...

Also i didnt found kaspersky vpn on website kaspersky.com.in on usa.kaspersky.com is vpn listed.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

[SOLVED - sort of]. Specifying Wireguard as the connection protocol worked for me (VPN/ Settings/ Protocol/ Wireguard). Using version 21.16.6.467 (b)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to any public wifi network

2. Open Kaspersky VPN and select Catapult Hydra as the connection protocol

3. Fail to connect and get the error message described by the OP (image reproduced below).

4. Switch the connection protocol to Wireguard.

5. Note that the VPN will now connect.

6. Move to a different public wifi network.

7. Repeat steps 1-5 above.

This is a recent development and I can confirm that I was able to connect to both public wifi networks using the Automatic setting a month ago. In addition, I found that Kaspersky VPN for Android would not connect to one of the public networks although it will connect to the other. As there is no way to change the protocol in the phone app I am having to use a different VPN on that network.

vpn.jpg

Edited by yetanotherone
  • Like 2

• The title was changed to VPN failed to connect