My Kaspersky is not working correctly. Safe money does not work. Total security says the application is loading. Has for days.

Total security says the application is loading. Has for days. I have had it for almost 3 years and really need help. It seems to interfering with Chrome as well. Can not get it to stop. It will not let me into My Kaspersky Dashboard. Really need help. Should I uninstall it and reinstall it? I think my subscription is up in less than a month.

Hello Casamystic, Welcome!
  1. Don't worry about the subscription, that will not be causing any of the issues.
  2. Please collect a GSI - https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7, include Windows Logs, upload the full GSI.zip folder to a cloud storage of your choice, e.g., OneDrive, GoogleDrive, MegaDrive...
  3. Please post back the link?
& yes, you can uninstall/reinstall Kaspersky software, however, it's better to provide the GSI before you do so to allow us to see if there's more than just a problem due to Kaspersky software. If you choose to uninstall Kaspersky software: please follow these steps:
  1. During the uninstall process it will ask 4 questions, ONLY select "Save licence information", ignore everything else.
  2. Uninstall.
  3. Reboot
  4. Download, install Kaspersky software.
  5. Reboot.
  6. Connect to the MyKaspersky portal, your MyKaspersky account - sign in, https://my.kaspersky.com/MyDevices#/, check your device has connected?
  7. Retest the issues that existed before 1 thru to 6, fixed ? Good.
  8. Not fixed ? Please post back?
Thanks so much!

Thank you for your reply. But it is too late. I tried to uninstall it. It would not let me. And after that, it appeared that the Total Security was trying to launch the application as it said it had been for days. It would not allow me any access to internet. Not Chrome or Edge. Not to my email. So I took it off to the computer folks. Something that Kaspersky did all on its own, nothing that I initiated by anything. Although I made it worse by trying to uninstall it. Appreciate you input. I had already put 5 hours into it trying to solve and reading in the forums and for solutions. Time for the pros to try to fix it.

I have a similar issue. When I click on a web site saved within Safe Money, I get a page with a message 'failed to load protected browser'. If I close that tab, the remaining tab provides a link to 'open page in current window' and the page loads with a lock icon, but no green border indicating protection by Safe Money. As far as I know, both my Kaspersky software and my browser are up to date. System information follows: Windows 10 Home x64 build 17134 Kaspersky version 19.0.0.1088 (e)

Well it has been a week now. I took my computer to the computer fix it store. They took it and neglected to tell me they were moving their office. So they were closed for 3 days. Now they are working on it but say it is a problem. I use my computer mostly for accounting. And several of my clients need me to be working on their books. So I appreciate the advice you have given me. I have to wait to see if these clowns can fix it. If not I will try support. What is a GSI?

Hello Casamystic, Welcome back! You;re not having much luck are you:disappointed_relieved:?! GSI (Get System Info) is Kaspersky tool that collects data to allow for a thorough analysis. The tool can also be set to collect Windows logs, having the information gives (us) an opportunity to troubleshoot and hopefully provide solutions, or, if not that, suggestions to try to rectify issues. It's also very handy if there are particular alerts or any displays, to capture screen images and share them in the cloud with us as well. The most important thing to keep in mind, with providing data is, the more info we have the more likely someone in the community will know what's going on and provide support.
  1. The GSI info I first posted remains relevant.
It will be very interesting to "hear" what the ?s think is wrong with the system and exactly what they do to fix it? Do keep us posted please? Best regards!

• 2 weeks later...