MS Teams only works when i disable my Kaspersky

Hmbm
Go to solution Solved by Friend,

Hello,

I'm unable to use MS teams, i get a mixture of error messages, most of them are related to the fact that my PC is not connected to the internet, which is of course, not the case.

I only can use MS team when I pause my Kaspersky.

I run windows 10.

Is there away i can fix this please?

Thanks

3 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

Try an Application Control / Intrusion Prevention exclusion rule for encrypted traffic for Teams exe, as showed with this example, in this case for OneDrive:

image.thumb.png.406d4cb11336b9b173e0e94cf673c53e.png

I tried doing that but I still get the same problem. Strange!

On 9/2/2023 at 6:09 PM, harlan4096 said:

Chek also if Teams services are in some of the restriction groups in Intrusion Prevention / Application Control.

Im not that much of an expert, if you please could guide me on how can I do that? - thanks

23 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

Being in main K. window -> Security -> Intrusion Prevention -> Manage Applications, check if there is something in High Restricted and/or Untrusted groups.

Here is a screenshot of how it looks like. It seems all good, not sure what is causing the issue!

Kasp.jpg

• Like 1

nothing from kaspersky, i came to know that MS teams works if i disable the Kaspersky Total security by coincidence. The error message I get (always) is from MS teams: "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connection."

Strange this is happening.

• Solution

Hi, @Hmbm,
There is a suspicion that this is an old bug that has already been fixed in new versions.
Please try this solution:

• Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  • Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  • Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  • Start Kaspersky app.
  • Enable Self-Defense.
  • Restart your computer and check the issue

Another solution: Reinstall Kaspersky Total Security antivirus without saving data

4 hours ago, Friend said:

Hi, @Hmbm,
There is a suspicion that this is an old bug that has already been fixed in new versions.
Please try this solution:

• Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  • Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  • Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  • Start Kaspersky app.
  • Enable Self-Defense.
  • Restart your computer and check the issue

Another solution: Reinstall Kaspersky Total Security antivirus without saving data

Horraay!! it worked with the steps mentioned above without the installation . Thanks very much!

Edited by Hmbm
  • Like 1

I didnt know that. The "software update" function is enabled but the software didn't update!

I cannot seem to find where I can update it from within the app.. Is there an option that I can force the update manually? or should I just uninstall and reinstall?

Strange,
I got same kind of issue with WhatsApp Application.

Even after reinstall and after having checked that Whatsapp was in the white applications list...

A few days ago that was ok ... There was an update of Whatsapp meanwhile ...

Anyway if I disable Kaspersky, it works again ...

😞

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 1:15 AM, harlan4096 said:

Yes, that issue also happens in version 21.3, should be fixed in current last version 21.14...

Hi @harlan4096, thx for the answer.
Do you know when it will be available plz ? On the site the only version available for Total Security Solution is : kts21.3.10.391en_fr_25311 (the same I already have) ...
Thanks.

47 minutes ago, harlan4096 said:

Go here: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product

Scroll up a bit, download Kaspersky Plus installer, run the installer and overwrite current KTS installation, or You can uninstall KTS and install new KPlus using Your KTS license.

Thanks @harlan4096 for your help. Licences number is compatible with premium too ?