LocalWP by Flywheel Application Conflict

KapkanR6
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi Kaspersky Team,

I bought 3 Kaspersky Total Security License for 15 computers the ONLY problem I have is Kaspersky Total Security is causing Problems with LocalWP by Flywheel https://localwp.com/ It is a WordPress web development testing platform. Please fix ?

See topics here

https://localwp.com/community/search?q=kaspersky%20order%3Alatest 

I already added it to exclusions but not luck :(

Hello @KapkanR6, Welcome.

Your link addresses several issues that may be related to Kaspersky. Some are also a bit older…

Can you please describe what problem you currently have?

Hi, and thanks for replying,

The Problem appears to be that Kaspersky takes over the localhost file and prevents overwriting.

I tested spinning up a virtual machine with default Windows 10 20H2 BUILD 19042.631 and it’s running Good with No problems. ( no antivirus )

The problem is when installing Kaserpsky, it prevents LocalWP to create local wordpress websites for testing as it freezes the program and it stops it from finishing setting up a local wordpres website.

• In addition, when installing wordpress plugins, it throws off curl errors
  • I also added it to an exclusion but problems persist.
  • Problem continues even after I ran it as administrator too
    see attached screenshot

Thanks for the response but after days of troubleshooting I just gave up, it’s almost impossible to determine what is causing the conflicts as it appears to be between Windows Defender, LocalWP and Kaspersky AV. Too much restriction and tool complexity trying to white list the program in addition to poor security practices from LocalWP developers.

The only work around is using Virtual Machines ( virtualbox ) and not install any antivirus software.

Also thanks for the suggestions, I did exactly as you suggested but it did not work after trying your solution and I will revert back as I don’t want to expose my host file to future attacks.

Hello @KapkanR6

You’re welcome🙂 !

Thank you for updating us👌

Another option would be to engage Kaspersky Technical Support, select Application malfunction, Incompatibility with 3rd party software template; Support will request Traces, Logs & other data, they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in the MyKaspersky account.

🔷 Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋