KSC vs KTS

Guest #4466

Guest #4466

Hi, I know this has been discussed a million times but even after reading tons of forum entries I am still not sure which one to get. I have KTS right now on my Mac and KSK on a few Macs, Windows, iPads and iPhones. My problem is that I need more than 5 licenses now and there is no 10 license package for KTS. So I thought switching to KSC with a 10 license bundle. I am pretty sure I can use KSK with the KSC license. Is that correct? I do understand that KSC does pretty much all KTS does plus some HD and Wifi checks. Is there anything in KTS that KSC can not do? And last but not least, I purchased a license from a 3rd party store which gave me all kinds of issues afterwards, when I buy a license through the Kaspersky store on Amazon is that the same as buying it from the Kaspersky web page diretly?

Thx for your help

Stephan

39 minutes ago, stephan1827 said:
  1. I am pretty sure I can use KSK with the KSC license. Is that correct?
  2. I do understand that KSC does pretty much all KTS does plus some HD and Wifi checks.
  3. Is there anything in KTS that KSC can not do?
  4. And last but not least, I purchased a license from a 3rd party store which gave me all kinds of issues afterwards, when I buy a license through the Kaspersky store on Amazon is that the same as buying it from the Kaspersky web page directly?

Hello @stephan1827

Welcome back!

1. Yes, if fact KSC Family comes with: award-winning antivirus, Anti-ransomware, Mobile security, Premium Kaspersky Password Manager, Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection, Free - with up to 500MB traffic per day, Premium Kaspersky Safe Kids. 
  2. Correct, in fact, KSC was developed after KTS. 
  3. No, the opposite, KSC does more than KTS. 
  4. No, when purchasing from Kaspersky, you are dealing with one merchant = Kaspersky, when purchasing from Amazon (Kaspersky), there's multiple merchants, if you have a license issue, you may end up trying to negotiate with the merchant, with Amazon & or "possibly" with Kaspersky.
  5. Also, if "historically", you've already had problems, purchasing from a 3rd pty store, why risk it again? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Guest #4466
1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @stephan1827

Welcome back!

1. Yes, if fact KSC Family comes with: award-winning antivirus, Anti-ransomware, Mobile security, Premium Kaspersky Password Manager, Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection, Free - with up to 500MB traffic per day, Premium Kaspersky Safe Kids. 
  2. Correct, in fact, KSC was developed after KTS. 
  3. No, the opposite, KSC does more than KTS. 
  4. No, when purchasing from Kaspersky, you are dealing with one merchant = Kaspersky, when purchasing from Amazon (Kaspersky), there's multiple merchants, if you have a license issue, you may end up trying to negotiate with the merchant, with Amazon & or "possibly" with Kaspersky.
  5. Also, if "historically", you've already had problems, purchasing from a 3rd pty store, why risk it again? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Thx for the quick answer, the store on Amazon seems to be the official Kaspersky store and not a 3rd party vendor. The license is almost half on Amazon compared to the Kaspersky web site.

Stephan

2 hours ago, stephan1827 said:

https // smile  dot   amazon  dot  de / stores / Kaspersky / page / E5A11BAC-858D-481B-B338-CD45E1D14F01 ? ref _= ast _ bln

Hello @stephan1827

Thank you for the information!

• We logged the issue with Support & asked them: Is this URL from a legitimate Kaspersky store?

The Kaspersky chat agent spoke with his Supervisor who advised: "it is Amazon is our retail partner. The link you have provided, technically, is not a Kaspersky store but an Amazon store."

• ? - so we said: IF we understand what you have written (1) Amazon is Kaspersky's retail partner. (2) The link is not a Kaspersky store, but an Amazon store. || Is that correct?

The Kaspersky chat agent said: "Yes, apologies for my grammatical error."

• So, we said: Ok, thanks. So, is this a legitimate Kaspersky store - again gave them the same URL you provided....

The Kaspersky chat agent said: "You can say it is a legitimate Amazon store for Kaspersky products since, technically, it is not Kaspersky who are selling them but Amazon itself."

• So, we said:  Ok, thanks. So, IF Amazon is Kaspersky's RETAIL partner, what is the URL for Kaspersky - Amazon please?

The Kaspersky chat agent said: "we have to consult to Kaspersky experts because it might be different per region. We will update you back via email within 24 hours."

• We will update this topic when information is provided by the Kaspersky experts. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• Like 1

Hello @stephan1827

Update from Kaspersky support: 

"We apologize for the delay, according to our experts, this the link to the legitimate Amazon store for Kaspersky product:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Kaspersky/page/FF855994-5936-443B-9F87-5AAF6E87ABB3?ref_=ast_bln "

end qte

• For you location, we think that'd be:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Kaspersky/page/FF855994-5936-443B-9F87-5AAF6E87ABB3?ref_=ast_bln&language=de_DE

Thank you?

Flood?+?