Krunker.io stuck at initializing without Kaspersky browser addon

Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

This online game called Krunker.io is stuck at initializing, without the Kaspersky browser addon. I tried to adjust all other settings but no avail. Using latest version of Chrome.

Found some resources online that helped me…

1. The browserfps site looks identical to Krunker and can load with no issue https://www.reddit.com/r/KrunkerIO/comments/qijsgi/issues_with_kaspersky/
  2. Someone suggested to keep the Kaspersky browser addon and it’s a quick fix for me. https://www.reddit.com/r/KrunkerIO/comments/qbc8b0/my_browser_krunker_is_stuck_on_initializing_for/

Hope Kaspersky can look into this minor bug, thanks

Hello @Basic user

Welcome back!

1. Which Windows 11 build? use Read before you create a new topic! as a guide. 
  2. Which KSC version & patch(x), x = letter → on the Windows taskbar, or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About? 
  3. Are there any Krunker.io errors in the KSC Reports → post a full screen screen print of the errors, we need to see what you see, in the KSC Reports
  4. As a test ONLY, in Network settings, select Do not scan encrypted connections → SAVE, recheck → let us know the outcome? 
  5. As a second test ONLY, in Network settings, Encrypted connections scan →  add Krunker.io, as a Trusted address → SAVE, recheck → let us know the outcome? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello again Flood family! 🙂 As I am not a paid nor volunteer software tester, I will not spend any more time than I probably already have spent too much on this. Latest versions on 11 and KSC, no report errors when visiting Krunker (I don’t know how to post a single summary report from ALL components, as the reports are only sorted by components), and I don’t think would make sense to turn off scanning of encrypted connections nor trusting Krunker (the site has been hacked in the past). I’m sure the Kaspersky QA team can do a much thorough and efficient job than us here back and forth over several form posts. If they open Krunker.io (after removing Kaspersky browser addon), and the site loads, then it’s something wrong on my end only.

Fyi I tried to turn off the 2nd checkbox, and still doesn’t work. No other antivirus software I’ve tried anyway blocks Krunker like this.

Hello @Basic user

You’re most welcome!

1. FYI, everyone in the Community volunteers their time to help other Community members, like you.
  2. None of us are on Kaspersky’s payroll, unless the words ‘Kaspersky employee’, are beside their avatar. 
  3. With the tests we proposed we got the site to work.
  4. We have no idea why you’ve posted the image you have, nor why you would mess with those options. 

Cheers buddy. 

Flood🐳+🐋

• 1 month later...

Hi, @Basic user , I tried to reproduce - no issue. With enabled/disabled Kaspersky addon - no difference. It only takes some times from 10 seconds to several minutes to actually load the game. No influence from Kaspersky side. 

Do you still have the reproduction? 

Hi Igor!

I uninstalled Kaspersky but if it takes up to several minutes for you, then it’s a problem to be fixed, because without Kaspersky the longest I’ve had to wait for the default game map to load was 20 seconds. 

I just installed back only the addon and no issues, but I think it’s the software that will cause the issue, and requires having add on to load game normally.

• Solution

Hi @Basic user , 

Thank you for your reply! It seems the time to load the game depends on some other factors (network speed, load of the remote server), as now with Kaspersky running at full power (with enabled Kaspersky Protection addon) the game loads for 5-10 seconds.  Uninstalled Kaspersky Protection addon, the game loads for the same 5 seconds. 

Great to hear! I ever install back Kaspersky, I don't plan to keep the addon - I found it slow down browsing, and I can't even disable the link scanner feature that shows if a site is safe. I found it unnecessary. Just warn me if I land on a bad site is enough, no need to show me all sites' ratings with every Google search.  So many unnecessary icons is distracting I found. 

1. I can't even disable the link scanner feature that shows if a site is safe.”
  2. I found it unnecessary. Just warn me if I land on a bad site is enough, no need to show me all sites' ratings with every Google search.  So many unnecessary icons is distracting I found. 

Hello @Basic user,

Also,

1. The link scanner feature is KSC’s URL Advisor.
  2. The URL advisor is configurable, read the documentation. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋