KIS slows down Process call in VS2017/2019 programs

Hi,

I have KIS and W10 Pro, and am a developer in VB.NET (VS2017/VS2019).

In one program there are calls to any of the default apps (i.e. Acrobat Reader for *.pdf, Excel for *.xls* and so on), outside of my program. The calls are issued by “Process” command that essentially make a call to the default app for the extension.

Everything was smooth up to approx 1 week ago: from that moment the calls have become *extremely* slow. On an i7 machine I am talking of approx 2-3 secs compared with maybe 0.2-0.3 secs before. This happens both for running source version and compiled version, and also on another PC running W10 home + KIS. 

Looking for the cause, I reinstalled W10 Pro. Then I found that installing Kis (with almost no software installed) causes the slowing down. Deinstalling KIS the problem disappears.

I also found that switching off the protection (in “General”) in KIS doesn’t solve the problem, as well as switching off any of the components (i tried one per time).

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thx

Hello @MarcoBa

Welcome!

• What happened a week ago, were there any changes: hardware, software, network, environmental? 
  • Please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, for each device the issue exists on, they’ll need a GSI  & Windows logs, a detailed history, video will help them understand and they may need Traces, they will guide you if Traces are needed.
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know what they advise, when the information is available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD  Thx. Apparently 1 week ago nothing special happened. I can imagine automatic update for some SW. But I find critical that, at the end, I reinstalled W10 and the problem arose upon installing KIS. At that moment the installation was extremely clean (just W10 Pro from MS, Acrobat Reader, Chrome). I’m going thru Technical Assistance.

@Wesly.Zhang  I did. I tried switching off every option in “Protection”, such as System Watcher. Nothing changed. I also switched off the General switch. But I have news: I just made some test and I saw that the problem disappears if System Watcher, App Management AND AntiBanner are all off. Don’t ask why Anti-Banner: this is simply what I saw.

@FLOOD  Thx. Apparently 1 week ago nothing special happened. I can imagine automatic update for some SW. But I find critical that, at the end, I reinstalled W10 and the problem arose upon installing KIS. At that moment the installation was extremely clean (just W10 Pro from MS, Acrobat Reader, Chrome). I’m going thru Technical Assistance.

@Wesly.Zhang  I did. I tried switching off every option in “Protection”, such as System Watcher. Nothing changed. I also switched off the General switch. But I have news: I just made some test and I saw that the problem disappears if System Watcher, App Management AND AntiBanner are all off. Don’t ask why Anti-Banner: this is simply what I saw.

Hello,

Do you use API call “ System.Diagnostics.Process.Start” or “Shell ( ShellExecute )” or other way? Please tell us know in details. This require to do a test.

And Could you ask a support request to KL support platform?  Please sent a request and post INC number here and wait for their response. Let us know what they said.

Regards.