Kaspersky turned off my camera

Maccy
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I blocked access to webcam in Windows 10 in error. My computer uses the webcam to unlock it. I can't figure out how to now allow the access.
Hello Maccy, *Acknowledging the post from Richbuff* Just for clarification, did you block the access using the Kaspersky application or in Windows? For Kaspersky: To allow an application to access the webcam:
  1. Open the main application window.
  2. Click the More Tools button.
  3. The Tools window opens.
  4. In the Tools window, go to the Manage applications section.
  5. Click the Application Control link to open the Application Control window.
  6. In the Application Control window, click the Manage applications link to open the Manage applications window.
  7. In the list, select the application for which you want to allow webcam access. Double-click the application name to open the Application rules window.
  8. In the Application rules window, go to the Rights tab.
  9. In the list of rights categories, select Operating system modification → Suspicious modifications in the operating system→ Access webcam.
  10. In the Action column, click the icon to open the context menu and select Allow.
  11. Click the Save button.
The application will be allowed access to the webcam if the Block access to webcam for all applications check box is cleared. If the Block access to webcam for all applications check box is selected, Kaspersky Total Security blocks application access to the webcam regardless of the trust group and manually configured permissions. For Windows (if you're using Windows 10)
  1. Settings icon
  2. Click Privacy.
  3. Choose Camera in the left pane.
  4. Choose: “Let apps use my camera“.
--------------------------------------------------- If neither of the above work please let us know? Thanks!

• Solution
In respect to the other posters, In case you are meaning you blocked your cam access through kaspersky, to unblock please go to: Kaspersky software main window > Settings> Protection> Webcam Protection > switch that to off.

• 1 year later...

I blocked access to webcam in Windows 10 in error. My computer uses the webcam to unlock it. I can't figure out how to now allow the access.

Hello Maccy,
*Acknowledging the post from Richbuff*

Just for clarification, did you block the access using the Kaspersky application or in Windows?

For Kaspersky:
To allow an application to access the webcam:

6. In the Application Control window, click the Manage applications link to open the Manage applications window.
  7. In the list, select the application for which you want to allow webcam access. Double-click the application name to open the Application rules window.
  9. In the list of rights categories, select Operating system modification → Suspicious modifications in the operating system→ Access webcam.
  10. In the Action column, click the icon to open the context menu and select Allow.

The application will be allowed access to the webcam if the Block access to webcam for all applications check box is cleared.
If the Block access to webcam for all applications check box is selected, Kaspersky Total Security blocks application access to the webcam regardless of the trust group and manually configured permissions.

For Windows (if you're using Windows 10)

1. Settings icon
  2. Click Privacy.

---------------------------------------------------

If neither of the above work please let us know?

Thanks!

it doesnt work, i tried all the solution and neither of them work

• 4 weeks later...

This didn’t help.

I don’t have access to the features in “more tools > manage applications”  or in the settings “webcam protection” as I have the ‘free” version. under Kaspersky’s “privacy protection” setting I can see that the “Webcam protection” is  “on” but greyed out. That’s a bit inconvenient. Something is turned on but inaccessible to modification. That’s an odd thing to do. The normal thing would be to disable the feature and turn it “off” until I decide to upgrade.

So now What is the solution? How do I prevent Kaspersky free from blocking camera?

My built-in laptop camera is disabled, and under Kaspersky Security Cloud Free’s “privacy protection” setting, I can see that the “Webcam protection” is turned “on” but greyed out. That id a bit inconvenient. Because it means Kaspersky turns on something but makes it impossible to turn it off. That’s an odd thing to do. The normal thing would be to disable the feature and turn it “off” until I decide to upgrade.

So now What is the solution? How do I prevent Kaspersky free from blocking camera?

• 4 months later...

Hello Maccy,
*Acknowledging the post from Richbuff*

Just for clarification, did you block the access using the Kaspersky application or in Windows?

For Kaspersky:
To allow an application to access the webcam:

The application will be allowed access to the webcam if the Block access to webcam for all applications check box is cleared.
If the Block access to webcam for all applications check box is selected, Kaspersky Total Security blocks application access to the webcam regardless of the trust group and manually configured permissions.

For Windows (if you're using Windows 10)

1. Settings icon
  2. Click Privacy.

---------------------------------------------------

If neither of the above work please let us know?

Thanks!

I am configuring Gopro Hero 8 Black on Win10 as a webcam. I have the latest versions of camera firmware, Gopro webcam application and Kaspersky security cloud application. It works perfectly fine when I turn Kaspersky protection OFF from the windows taskbar (which is obviously not a work around for me). As soon as I turn the protection ON the webcam video output is gone. I have tried everything you have mentioned here but I’m still facing this issue.

Need help!!!

Hello @uraki

Welcome!

1. Read before you create a new topic!
  2. In Kaspersky Security Cloud Reports, are there any events that match the issue? IF “yes”, save the Report & attach to your reply? 
  3. Is Kaspersky Security Cloud, Settings → Protection → Webcam Protection - ON or OFF? 
  4. Is Kaspersky Security Cloud Premium or Free? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏  

Flood🐳 +🐋

Webcam Protection

Webcam Protection settings

About applications' access to the webcam

Privacy Protection window

Applications for which webcam access is blocked window

How to change settings of application access to the webcam

Limitations and warnings

@Flood and Flood's wife 

Thanks for your reply, here is my response to your queries

1.  I couldn’t find any events in the report matching gopro application access. It only shows avp.exe start and stop events which I was doing manually to check if webcam starts. The webcam starts when KSC protection is paused. I have attached the report.
  2. Webcam protection is OFF.
  3. I have KSC premium.

I reiterate that my webcam works fine when KSC protections is paused and as soon as protection is resumed it stops working. Which shows it is blocked by Kaspersky. If there is already a topic where this issue is resolved then please point me to that.

Thanks 

Hello @uraki

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for replying, the information & the report👌

We do understand: “webcam works fine when KSC protections is paused and as soon as protection is resumed it stops working.”, however, “as soon as protection is resumed it stops working”, events should show in Kaspersky Reports.

Webcam Protection in Kaspersky Security Cloud → Kaspersky Security Cloud can control access to web cameras that meet one the following requirements:

• UVC-compatible cameras work with the operating system driver and do not require installation of the driver from the vendor.
  • The camera is connected via USB or IEEE1394 and displayed in Device Manager as Imaging Device.
  1. Confirm → How to allow application access to the webcam, has been configured? 
  2. Log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, select Application malfunction, Incompatibility with 3rd party software template; Support will request Traces, Logs & other data, they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in the MyKaspersky account.

🔷 Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello I can’t seem to find where the Camera protection is. I’m on Windows 10 and I'm using Kaspersky Anti-Virus (Licensed) 21.3.10.381 (f). It troubles me because it is essential in my online class.

Hello @RupertKy,

Welcome!

• Kaspersky Anti-Virus (KAV), does not have the Webcam Access features available in Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS), Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) & Kaspersky Security Cloud (KSC).
  1. Can you explain in detail what is troubling you please → is your webcam not working? 
  2. Also, please confirm the KAV version

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Yes sir, it is indeed Kaspersky Anti-Virus (KAV) it was only my last resort to seek help here because I tried everything from enabling my camera, from uninstalling and scan for hardware changes and even installing the updated drive in Lenovo support. This all happened when I bought my Kaspersky Anti-virus. Please is there any other way I can do to use my camera again?

Hello @RupertKy

Thank you for posting back & the information! 

1. In the KAV Reports, are there any errors or events related to the camera? 
  2. It would be best to contact Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Incompatibility with 3rd pty software template.
  3. Explain to Support, you do understand KAV does not have the Webcam Access features, but, the camera is not working after installing KAV.
  4. Support may request Logs, Traces & other data, they will guide you. 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in the MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @uraki

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for replying, the information & the report👌

We do understand: “webcam works fine when KSC protections is paused and as soon as protection is resumed it stops working.”, however, “as soon as protection is resumed it stops working”, events should show in Kaspersky Reports.

Webcam Protection in Kaspersky Security Cloud → Kaspersky Security Cloud can control access to web cameras that meet one the following requirements:

• UVC-compatible cameras work with the operating system driver and do not require installation of the driver from the vendor.
  • The camera is connected via USB or IEEE1394 and displayed in Device Manager as Imaging Device.
  1. Confirm → How to allow application access to the webcam, has been configured? 
  2. Log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, select Application malfunction, Incompatibility with 3rd party software template; Support will request Traces, Logs & other data, they will guide you

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Update on using GoPro Hero 8 as a webcam on Win10. The camera video was not available. This problem is now resolved with the help of KSC support.

Apparently the Web Anti-Virus was blocking the connection of the application to the web.

Disabling Web Anti-Virus from protection tab was a temporary workaround.
C:\Program Files (x86)\GoPro\GoPro Webcam\GoPro Webcam.exe
and its connection to the link:
http://172.28.131.51:8080/gp/gpControl/status

Support suggested to do the following:

Kaspersky Security Cloud -> Settings -> Protection -> Application Control -> Manage applications -> search "GoPro Webcam.exe" -> For this entry open its rules (via double-click) -> Exclusions -> tick 'do not scan all traffic' -> tick 'for specified IP addresses' and put

But this alone didn’t get the problem resolved.

I took this link “http://172.28.131.51” and added it in my trusted URLs list and enabled “do not scan web traffic from trusted URLs” in Kaspersky Security Cloud -> Settings -> Protection -> Web Anti-Virus Settings -> advanced settings

Now the camera is working fine and the issue is resolved.

Thanks to @Flood and Flood's wife for suggesting to contact support.