Kaspersky Total Security Activation Error - “Timed Out: An internet connection is required to activate application.”

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Hi everybody,

I just updated my laptop to Windows 10. I’ve been using Kaspersky Total Security for several years now (on Windows 8.1) but now, when I try to activate my account using my activation code I’m given the message:

“Timed Out: An internet connection is required to activate application.”

I’ve clicked “Reasons and Possible Solutions” and have tried everything (Uninstalling/reinstalling KTS, Updating Windows, Turning off Proxy settings in Kaspersky, Reset IE Settings, and DNS configuration). I also found a Forum post of somebody who had the same problem, and it was suggested that I Reset Network Settings in Windows, which I did, but no luck.

Any suggestions? At first even the Trial Account wouldn’t update, but I finally did get that to work, so I’ve got 30 days left on that, but I DO need to get activated. I have almost two years left  on my plan.

Thanks!

Edit: My internet connection is strong and working. Kaspersky also updates normally, so there is a connection.

Hello @RuralDivinity & @wendyvermorgen

Welcome!

If “Timed Out: An internet connection is required to activate application” issue persists, please do the following:

1. Create a System restore point
  2. Restore KTS to Default
  3. Run a manual Database update → allow it to complete.
  4. Change Windows to run in Safe mode.
  5. Delete all files in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp   *USER* = your name
  6. Delete all files in C:\Windows\Temp 
  7. Shutdown the machine using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login to Windows normal mode. 
  8. Make sure Kaspersky app is running? 
  9. Retest the original issue? 
  10. IF the issue persists, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in Activation & License issues, Other template. Support may request Logs, Traces & other data, they will guide you:

11. After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  12. Please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Additional: 

@RuralDivinity, if you do need to log a request with support, make sure they understand you have a subscription that has not expired & the only reason you’re using the trial version is that paid version will not synchronise with your MyKaspersky account.