Kaspersky Protection Extension and Brave

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Have recently installed Brave Browser (1.46.153) on my Windows 10 (22H2) PC and during the installation process imported various Extensions, including Kaspersky Protection from Chrome. Kaspersky Protection works just find on Chrome, Firefox and Edge.  But there seems to be a problem with Brave as the Shield stays greyed out and there is no indication whether search results are "Safe" with the green shield by URL's in search results.

My questions are :-  1/ Is this extension incompatible with Brave?  2/ Will KIS (21.3.10.39j) provide all the necessary protection if this Extension is not allowed to run with Brave?

I was thinking of removing it and reinstalling but discovered all it was no longer in the Chrome Store so have left well alone. 

• Solution
46 minutes ago, Gniblett said:

1/ Is this extension incompatible with Brave?  

2/ Will KIS (21.3.10.39j) provide all the necessary protection if this Extension is not allowed to run with Brave?

Hello @Gniblett

Welcome back!

1. Yes, Brave is not supported, please read: KIS, Hardware and software requirements, Browser support
  2. KIS (21.3.10.39j) provides all the necessary protection by using the recommended browsers. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
rewrote 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 2:31 PM, nexon said:

@Gniblett Hello, kaspersky protection still working fine but you must always after each update of brave rename brave.exe to chrome.exe. Thats all I use this browser.

Where do I do that? I can find no .exe files mentioned in the extension permissions ...

20 hours ago, Gniblett said:
  1. Where do I do that? 

Hello @Gniblett

Welcome back!

1. Go to: C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application ->  rename Brave.exe to Chrome.exe -> Exit all browsers & use Administrator profile to make the change

image.thumb.jpeg.868eb50a5863232efd8d4d6c8ca9ac28.jpeg

• Note 1: IF (you) use Kaspersky Password manager (KPM), changing Brave.exe to Chrome.exe will impact KPM -> KPM will no longer work - why? Because the Chrome.exe cannot be 'shared'. 
  • Note 2: After each update, it's necessary to redo the renaming of Brave.exe to Chrome.exe hack each time
  • Note 3: Hacking Kaspersky software may void (your) Kaspersky support contract: Support Rules for Kaspersky Software

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Spelling?
  • Like 1