Kaspersky Free Causes Multiple Blue Screen With code BAD_POOL_HEADER

Lucas1805

Hello, Recently my computer have been occurred a lot of blue screen with code BAD_POOL_HEADER. So I tried to narrow down and tried everything I can until now to identify which software/why it cause this blue screen. Last time, I already seen my previous Minidump file to Microsoft Comunity and they identify that nVidia and Kaspersky causing this problem. I follow their instruction to update my nVidia driver. Today this blue screen happen again. I tried a quick look at my minidump file this time and maybe Kaspersky causing this Could you please take a look at this problem and somehow fix it ? I really like Kaspersky and stick with you guys for a long time. I can switch to other Free AV but well I want to give Kaspersky a chance. Detail information about my OS and Kaspersky Free version, and other related information below: Windows: Windows 10 Education (64bit) Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Kaspersky Free AV version: 19.0.0.1088(f) *Both Windows and Kaspersky are set to automatically update My minidump zip file uploaded to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BiC3ebbSLp8XGo-BK2bRCWquGKJlJgqp My topic on Microsoft Comunity: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/multiple-blue-screen-with-code-badpoolheader-in-1/e92c1cab-b2ab-48aa-8f5d-812b5499337f?auth=1

Hello Lucas1805, Welcome! Thank you for the data you've provided & your assessment/information.
  1. Please download the GSI tool.
  2. REBOOT/restart PC.
  3. When KAV is active
  4. Run GSI & Windows logs, upload to cloud storage & port back the link.
  5. Also, go to KAV REPORTS, look at the specific dates & times the BSODs occured - export those reports for that date / time timeframe, either upload the reports with the GSI or upload using the upload icon in your reply.
  6. & How is virual memory on your device managed?
  7. & If Windows is run in SafeMode with networking, do the BSODs happen, have you observed this over a 5 day period?
  8. Is there a reason Windows is still RS4-1803?
--- https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7 (GSI) --- General (suggestion) if you don't already a verified sysimage, recent restore point and backups, it would be a good idea to do those. --- As you using KAV free = no TS, you're stuck with us (the Community) we'll do everything we can to help :slight_smile: Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Lucas1805, Welcome! Thank you for the data you've provided & your assessment/information.
  1. Please download the GSI tool.
  2. REBOOT/restart PC.
  3. When KAV is active
  4. Run GSI & Windows logs, upload to cloud storage & port back the link.
  5. Also, go to KAV REPORTS, look at the specific dates & times the BSODs occured - export those reports for that date / time timeframe, either upload the reports with the GSI or upload using the upload icon in your reply.
  6. & How is virual memory on your device managed?
  7. & If Windows is run in SafeMode with networking, do the BSODs happen, have you observed this over a 5 day period?
  8. Is there a reason Windows is still RS4-1803?
--- https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7 (GSI) --- General (suggestion) if you don't already a verified sysimage, recent restore point and backups, it would be a good idea to do those. --- As you using KAV free = no TS, you're stuck with us (the Community) we'll do everything we can to help :slight_smile: Thanks.
Hello. Thank you for your very quick reply. I am sorry for being late reply. A lot of thing happen recently so I don't have time to check this topic. After posting this topic, the blue screen happened for several more time. I am really frustrated at that moment, I have work to do and it is kind of risk to turn off Kaspersky (the only way to stop the blue screen). So I decided to switch to a new AV after all of this. After I switch, no more blue screen happen. But there is some point i still want to ask you, please help me if you can. I really appreciate. I will answer your question in case these additional information help you in the future (hope it does) My answer: 6. I'm not doing anything with virtual memory itself. I only have 1 software - Bluestack that may use this (i'm not expert so I don't know clearly). Other than this I did not make any change or touch any setting related to virtual memory 7.I only use this computer on weekend so no chance for observe it over 5 day period 8. I'm assume you mean my windows version is old ? I just check and somehow Windows Update in Service setting is changed to manual (maybe in the past I change it, but I forget and thought my computer is on auto update). I set it to auto and go to Windows Update app and update my windows manually for this time. My question: Is there any chance that I can meet this problem when I upgrade to Kaspersky Internet Security ? I'm intend to but for now really hesitate. Once again, thank you

Hello Lucas1805, Thanks for getting back to us. It would be good if you could:
  1. Run GSI & Windows logs, upload to cloud storage & port back the link please?
Without being able to look at the system it's simply not possible to answer you question definitively. To answer your last question, I would always say, to find out, install KIS and test. That way you'll have every opportunity to determine whether or not you're happy with Kaspersky software. It's always good to install. free version of any software and test for a month. Best regards. https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7

Hello FLOOD Now i have uninstall Kaspersky Free and using new AV for more than a week i think. Is there any information left in this case (so we can extract it by running GSI) ? And for the problem I am kind of give up for now so it's ok if my question left unanswered....

" I've uninstalled Kaspersky Free and using new AV .Is there any information left in this case (so we can extract it by running GSI) ?
Hello Lucas1805, Thanks for replying. I do understand a differnt av solution has been implemented. That's perfectly fine. But, I'm not sure I understand the question, "Is there any information left", do you mean "with Kaspersky software uninstalled, will GSI /Windows logs tool be able to produce relevant data"? The answer is yes, it's not necessary for Kaspersky software to be installed to check the system. Thanks so much.

Hello FLOOD Now i have uninstall Kaspersky Free and using new AV for more than a week i think. Is there any information left in this case (so we can extract it by running GSI) ? And for the problem I am kind of give up for now so it's ok if my question left unanswered....
But Kaspersky is the best here?? Just kidding, bitdefender or norton are fine