Kaspersky banned in EU?

Tom Wolf

Hi
I tried to renew my subscription last week but it didnt work due to some error.
Upon submitting the subscription the verification took over a minute at witch end it failed.
Witch made me wonder if Kaspersky is banned in EU or not and if that would have anything to do with it.

Edited by Tom Wolf

Hi again.
Its during the payment process that it gets interrupted using credit card and the service Nexway. There is no error code.
I also found out that Kaspersky is on the sanctions list with all assets frozen etc, guess that is whats preventing the payment for license renewal to go through.

Edited by Tom Wolf

I knew about Switzerland but not about UK.
The card im using is a card im using for other purchases as well so I know it works ok.
I tried using that card twice on license renewal both with the same result.

Edited by Tom Wolf
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom Wolf said:

I have now tried 2 different valid cards with the same result.

Your payment could not be approved and the order has been cancelled.
We confirm that your credit card has not been charged.

Hi Tom - I am getting the exact same result in Germany as I try to extend my KIS license. I assumed it was a problem with my card but maybe it is not. There is no Kaspersky product e.g. upgrade to be purchased in any shop I can find. I did find a Total Security product i.e. activation code in one small shop, they had forgotten they even had it. I am living in rural Bayern.

34 minutes ago, steve33 said:

Hi Tom - I am getting the exact same result in Germany as I try to extend my KIS license. I assumed it was a problem with my card but maybe it is not. There is no Kaspersky product e.g. upgrade to be purchased in any shop I can find. I did find a Total Security product i.e. activation code in one small shop, they had forgotten they even had it. I am living in rural Bayern.

Ive sent email to support using Harlans link.  hope they can help.

• Like 2

Hi Tom,

I have a solution to my problem. It is as I suspected, my card. I hadn't completed the newish EU registration procedure covering "Online-Legitimisation" of the card. The process is required for direct card usage although I mostly use PayPal and there the problem has not arisen. PayPal must stand between card and direct contact to the Internet.

How do I know this? I received a letter today from the Bank explaining why the transaction was not completed.

Not sure if this helps you but I thought I would let you know.

• Like 1