Is Kaspersky safe? Can it be controlled by the Kremlin for access to our computers?

Naes
Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

Trying to see if I should stop using Kaspersky on all my devices.

Rumors are Rumors but for years the links between Kaspersky to the Russian Government has not been such a problem compared to now.

Is our data and devices safe?

I have used this for many years and would not want to use another program.

But concerned indeed.

@Naes

Please see comment in the link in the Post above your Post.

“Hi All!

Kaspersky is a private international company with its holding registered in the UK. The company operates in 200 countries and territories and has been in business for 25 years, almost 80% of our operations are international.

Kaspersky is a private global cybersecurity company, and our job is to protect our customers across the globe, including their data, from any cyber threats.

And as a private company, Kaspersky does not have any ties to the Russian government and moreover Kaspersky is not subject to Russia’s System of Operative Investigative Measures (SORM) or other similar laws, and is not obliged to provide information, since the company doesn’t provide communication services. This has been confirmed by a third-party independent legal assessment of the Russian legislation related to data-processing. The results are freely available online and provide an unbiased and fair legal assessment.

Kaspersky’s business operations remain stable. The company guarantees the fulfillment of its obligations to partners and customers – including product delivery and support and financial transaction continuity.
Kaspersky operates a data infrastructure in two highly secure data centers in Zurich for processing and storing cyberthreat data from customers in Europe, the United States, and Canada, as well as in several Asia-Pacific countries.

Kaspersky’s cloud servers are distributed across the globe (e.g., in Germany, China, Canada, etc.), enabling faster processing of information and guaranteeing server availability should one of them fail for any reason. 
The security and reliability of Kaspersky's technical and organizational procedures and data services have been confirmed by two external, independent audit organizations. Kaspersky successfully passed the SOC-2 (Service Organization Control for Service Organizations) Type 1 audit by a Big Four auditor, which confirmed the security of Kaspersky's process for developing and releasing AV updates against the risk of unauthorized changes. In addition, our data services were certified by TÜV AUSTRIA according to ISO/IEC 27001:2013.

P.S. Since the answers have been provided, I am closing the thread. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to write to us directly.”