Is Kaspersky Rescue Disk No Longer Supported?

Bukkdog

I have a Kaspersky Rescue Disk that I created at the beginning of 2023 on a USB flash drive.

Today (12-7-2023) I booted my Windows 11 PC from the flash drive to update the virus definitions. I got as far as the opening menu, where you select graphical mode, not graphical mode, hardware info, etc. No matter what I chose, my screen went blank and became unresponsive, and I had to restart my computer.

I came to this forum to see if anyone else had this experience, and was surprised to see no mention of the rescue disk - see the attachment.

Thus my question: Is the Kaspersky Rescue Disk no longer supported?

rescue.png

Hello,

Kaspersky Rescue Disk is still supported, usable and you can ask any question related to it in here, and we'll try to help you.

Had it not been supported anymore, it would not appear in Kaspersky's interface:

oBCCV2U.png

Did you format the Kaspersky Rescue Disk flash drive as MBR/BIOS, with FAT32, as recommended by Kaspersky?

Is there a reason why you are trying to update the definitions from the flash drive? Is the Kaspersky application not functioning as intended?

Thinking that there might be some problem with my existing Kaspersky Rescue Drive, I re-created it from scratch using the instructions on Kaspersky's website. However, the problem remains: As soon as I make any choice from the KRD menu, my screen goes blank and my computer is unresponsive.

I should say that this is a brand-new Windows 11 PC purchased from Dell not quite 4 months ago.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crylune said:

Is there a reason why you are trying to update the definitions from the flash drive?

I think it's prudent to update the virus definitions on my rescue drive at least once a year. Sorry if you don't agree.

I was disappointed to discover that several other users have reported the same problem. (I needed to use Google to search the Kaspersky forums!) In each case, no solution was provided, only additional requests for more information and unneeded questions as above. I'll search for an answer elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bukkdog said:

I think it's prudent to update the virus definitions on my rescue drive at least once a year. Sorry if you don't agree.

I don't really see a point in that, but to each their own.

6 minutes ago, Bukkdog said:

I was disappointed to discover that several other users have reported the same problem. (I needed to use Google to search the Kaspersky forums!) In each case, no solution was provided, only additional requests for more information and unneeded questions as above. I'll search for an answer elsewhere.

Well I'm sorry that you feel my question was 'unneeded'. I was just genuinely curious.

As for your issue, I just tested it and I have the same issue, no matter if the flash drive is formatted as MBR or GPT. This sort of issue has no solution yet, and the "answer" right now is to report this to Kaspersky Support so that they can deal with the problem.

The more people report the issue, the more likely it is that it'll be resolved in a timely manner.

Edited by Crylune

8 hours ago, Bukkdog said:

I have a Kaspersky Rescue Disk that I created at the beginning of 2023 on a USB flash drive.

**Today (12-7-2023) I booted my Windows 11 PC from the flash drive to update the virus definitions. **I got as far as the opening menu, where you select graphical mode, not graphical mode, hardware info, etc. No matter what I chose, my screen went blank and became unresponsive**, and I had to restart my computer.

I came to this forum to see if anyone else had this experience, and was surprised to see no mention of the rescue disk - see the attachment.

1. Thus my question: Is the Kaspersky Rescue Disk no longer supported?

7 hours ago, Crylune said:

A. As for your issue, I just tested it and I have the same issue, no matter if the flash drive is formatted as MBR or GPT. B. This sort of issue has no solution yet, and the "answer" right now is to report this to Kaspersky Support so that they can deal with the problem.

Hello @Bukkdog

Welcome back!

1. Post an image of "opening menu, where you select graphical mode, not graphical mode, hardware info, etc." - BEFORE the reboot - we need to see what you saw please? 

2. KRD is still supported, looking at (your) search - it appears as tho the starting point may have been  Showing results for 'Rescue Disk' in content posted in Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium -  instead of generically: Homehttps://forum.kaspersky.com/search/?q=RESCUE DISK&quick=1 

USER_2023-12-08_100019.thumb.jpg.53fd14e3cca0a57828ad73d9113cb78e.jpg

☢️@Crylune, Kaspersky Support is *not* available for Kaspersky's free software - readSupport Rules for Kaspersky Software☢️

@Bukkdog, don't waste (your) time contacting Kaspersky Customer Service > Kaspersky Support is *not* available for Kaspersky's free software -> prepare 1. 2. & 3. below, then wait for Support to respond, they have been advised, they respond when they are available. 

1. Copy the Hardware information file from the USB drive.
  2. Trace files, How to enable tracing in Kaspersky Rescue Disk 18
  3. How to create a full report about a scan performed in the system with Kaspersky Rescue Disk 18
  4. ***Don't share the logs or trace files here in the Community, wait for instructions from the Kaspersky Team please***

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added: or, 3rd option, in search directly in the KRD topic: https://forum.kaspersky.com/forum/kaspersky-rescue-disk-78/

26 minutes ago, Crylune said:

Lmao so what are you supposed to do when you find an issue, stare at it instead of giving feedback?

The answer is in Kaspersky's documentation clever clogs, if you bothered to read instead of thinking you were in a gaming/fun parlor, you might learn something. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

12 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

The answer is in Kaspersky's documentation clever clogs, if you bothered to read instead of thinking you were in a gaming/fun parlor, you might learn something. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Not once did I mention gaming but alright, boomer. I bet you have a loaf of bread instead of cake at parties, the music is pretty much non-existent and you drink water instead of any carbonated beverage. What a monotone life you must be living.

Edited by Crylune

• 1 month later...