How do I get rid of Kaspersky Frees' "_____ is using your webcam" notification?

ars4l4n

I searched for the setting to disable this extensively. Didn't find anything. I don#t want to just disable all notifications via Windows either in case Kaspersky deletes something important

OS Windows 10 64 bit latest update
image.png.41bd9bb477b79f44115692f1dea1df00.png

43 minutes ago, ars4l4n said:
OS Windows 10 64 bit latest update
image.png.41bd9bb477b79f44115692f1dea1df00.png

I searched for the setting to disable this extensively. Didn't find anything. I don#t want to just disable all notifications via Windows either in case Kaspersky deletes something important

Hello @ars4l4n

Welcome!

Which app is generating the webcam alert - is it *actually* Kaspersky Free

" x _____ is using your webcam"  

X = ? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
X = ? 
  • Like 1

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Flood and Flood's wife:

Hello @ars4l4n

Welcome!

Which app is generating the webcam alert - is it *actually* Kaspersky Free

hi, yes

Zitat

" x _____ is using your webcam"  

X = ? 

Elgato Sound Capture which is supposed to use the webcam

11 hours ago, ars4l4n said:

Elgato Sound Capture which is supposed to use the webcam

Hello @ars4l4n

Thank you for the information!

1. Just to confirm - Elgato *Sound* Capture is *supposed* to use the webcam, is that correct?

• We'd have thought it would be using the audio rather than the webcam, are we mistaken? 

IF Elgato *Sound* Capture is not supposed to use the webcam, fixing the Kaspersky Free "Elgato Sound Capture is using your webcam" is not so easy - with Kaspersky Free - as the Intrusion Prevention feature (you) need to configure is not available in Kaspersky Free... 

*AND* Webcam protection is not available with Kaspersky Free, reference: Switching from Kaspersky Free to a different subscription, so, (ioo) this alert is an error. 

2. Which *browser/version* are the alerts appearing in? - IF a different *supported* browser is used, do the alerts keep happening? 

Let's try another way (noting, this may not work), please do the following:

A. Create a System Restore Point: How to create a restore point in Windows

B. Export Kaspersky Free config, read & follow: How to export settings - note - do not *Import* the config at any stage during this process, this is a backup *only*. 

C. In the Elgato Sound Capture console, *uncheck* all options to use the Webcam. 

D. Uninstall  Elgato Sound Capture software. 

E. *IMPORTANT* - Shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN not Restart, when the computer if fully OFF - power ON by pressing the power button, login.

F. Uninstall Kaspersky Free, during the uninstall, there will be a prompt to save data for future use - do not check / tick any boxes *except* Subscription details, read & follow: How to uninstall the application

G. At the end of the uninstall of Kaspersky Free  make sure the computer is fully shutdown/rebooted? Login. 

H. Download a new Kaspersky Free installer & if necessary, select a specific region from the drop down list: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-antivirus

I. Install Kaspersky Free, read & follow: How to install the application

J. At the end of the successful install &synchronization with your MyKaspersky account - run a Database update - make sure it completes? 

K.  *IMPORTANT* - Shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN not Restart, when the computer if fully OFF - power ON by pressing the power button, login.

L. Download & re-install Elgato Sound Capture software. 

M. Recheck Elgato Sound Capture, make sure no Webcam fields are ticked? 

N. Monitor for: "Elgato Sound Capture is using your webcam" alerts? 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

@ars4l4n Welcome.

Only FYI , here are the Webcam and Mic control settings in Kaspersky Plus (paid version).

Kaspersky Support article →   Webcam and Mic Control

Spoiler

webcam.thumb.jpg.d4022be51b401e4d638dc964fc2f402a.jpg

→ Go to Privacy → Webcam and Mic Control settings → ⚙️ → Intrusion prevention
→ In the list, select the application for which you want to allow/deny webcam access.
→ Right-click  application name → select “Details and rules” to open  “Application rules” window
→ Select "Rights" →  Suspicious modifications in the operating system →  Access webcam
→ Action  →  Allow / Deny  → Save

• Like 1