How can I revert to a previous version? I need my "update now" function.

A recent update (I’ve been told, to v.21.1xx) removed the very useful function where right-clicking the Kaspersky icon in the System Tray (bottom right of screen, Win7) gave the "update now" option.

I’m not going to open the program window every day just to run the update, nor will I let Kaspersky update automatically; I depend on that simple “system tray-right click-update now” function.  Now, I just read a thread here also asking about reverting to an older version, but that user’s problem was otherwise resolved; for me, apart from using a different AV software (or Kaspersky fixing what they broke), the only solution I can see is to revert to v.20.xx.

So… can anybody help me?  (I guess I also need help keeping the program from updating itself afterwards… I’d happily hack and slash my way through the registry if this weren’t an important computer, haha, but it is, so I’m asking for someone to guide my ax, as it were.)

Thank you for your time!  :)

P.S.  Windows 7 Professional SP1; Kaspersky Total Security 21.2.16.590 (just so it’s clear)

Thanks for the link; I had looked in the forum for stuff about reverting to an older version, but I didn’t find anything helpful (that’s why I posted a new topic).

In the post you linked to, it says that I need to get the old version from tech support?  I did ask them, and the answer was that they couldn’t help; I just asked again (referring to that post which says I need to ask them), but if they can’t/won’t help me, is there another way to download v.20?