Firewall Rules

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello harlan4096

I cannot move the rules as the up and down buttons are greyed out. However, the rules are already at the top of the list when I create them.

I forgot to mention that these rules work when I create them through "Settings" -> "Firewall" -> "Packet Rules," but they fail when I create them through "Intrusion Prevention Network Settings."

Edited by Estioo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello @Estioo

Also, if in Firewall, Packet rules, you cannot move the rules to the top, export the Kaspersky application configuration, then reset it to default - refer: How to export settings - note - do not *import* the original configuration at the moment. 

USER_2024-02-28_210106.thumb.png.8dfcf0df6c4343c570ca24eeb6c6e744.pngUSER_2024-02-28_210148.thumb.png.89c71cc4122ed31b8d6506d314dd03cd.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Estioo said:

I created firewall rules to block some websites, but why are they not working?

1. Did I make a mistake?

Untitled.jpg

26 minutes ago, Estioo said:

I cannot move the rules as the up and down buttons are greyed out. However, the rules are already at the top of the list when I create them.

I forgot to mention that these rules work when I create them through "Settings" -> "Firewall" -> "Packet Rules," but they fail when I create them through "Intrusion Prevention Network Settings."

Hello @Estioo,

1. Not exactly a mistake, it's not necessary to go via Intrusion Prevention Network Settings -  Chrome.exe - all you need to do is create a rule in the Firewall. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

If I create the rules through Packet Rules, the website is blocked successfully, but not when I create them through Intrusion Prevention. Does this mean I cannot use Intrusion Prevention to create rules to block websites?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Solution
12 minutes ago, Estioo said:

If I create the rules through Packet Rules, the website is blocked successfully, but not when I create them through Intrusion Prevention. Does this mean I cannot use Intrusion Prevention to create rules to block websites?

Hello @Estioo

Thank you for posting back!

We use what works😅 = FW, Packet rules. 

*But*  looking at the network rule you created in the very first screenshot, you *originally* took the Chrome executable & then configured amanz.my over that, that's not possible. 

Read: How to change Intrusion Prevention settings, Network rules

Also a tip. it would be a good idea to *Export* the Kaspersky application config, *before*  making any changes - then if anything goes pearshaped - it can be reverted. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added resource: How to change Intrusion Prevention settings, Network rules
  • Like 1