Does Kaspersky Free Antivirus have email protection? [merged with redux]

maron
Go to solution Solved by andrew75,

Dear Kaspersky Free Antivirus Support Team,

How’s things?,

I have your free antivirus version 20.0.14.1085(m)and it looks like the email settings are off ,but in your trial versions they are on as showing in green. Let’s say I get an incoming email and it’s not scanned with your free version and that incoming email had hidden trojans and then i no doubt will cop computer damage and it ‘s the last thing i want to get, as i already had trojan damage in my computer and the only way out was to do a full reinstall of Windows 10 which usually sets me back 8 hours before all is back tot normal. Today i even downloaded and installed all Eicar test files from the A.M.T.S.O website and no warning showed up anywhere on the screen. My default W10 antivirus also allows it. Your trial antivirus doesn’t allow it though after each eicar test file was detected from the eicar website as shown on the screen, and or in the A.M.T.S.O desktop  section for eicar test. I don’t want to waste my time in using a free antivirus which doesn’t include incoming email scan ,as this is a vital setting which should be included. Please comment further ..,bye

• 5 months later...

Dear Kaspersky Free Antivirus Support Team,

How’s things?,

Just am sending an email about finding some settings switched to off in the settings of the free antivirus and are they on?, or do I need to move onto another version?, and asking you this because I just want a free antivirus with email protection included in the free antivirus, and if your free antivirus doesn’t include that because its a free version and not a paid internet security version then i will most certainly uninstall my free version and move onto another free antivirus that does have email protection included in the free antivirus. Are You considering making changes to the free antivirus so that those settings are all on in green like the other versions?

Hello @maron

Welcome back!

Kaspersky Free Mail Anti-Virus

Mail Anti-Virus scans incoming and outgoing email messages on your computer. An email message is available to the recipient only if it does not contain dangerous objects.

Parse email formats:

This check box enables / disables the option for Kaspersky Free to scan files in email formats and mail databases.

The application fully scans only Microsoft Outlook, Windows Mail/Microsoft Outlook Express and EML mail file formats, and only if the computer has the Microsoft Outlook x86 mail client.

If this check box is selected, Kaspersky Free parses the email format file and analyzes each component (body, attachments) for viruses.

If this check box is cleared, Kaspersky Free scans the email format file as a single object.

Regarding “Is Kaspersky considering making changes to the free antivirus so that those settings are all on in green like the other versions?”

IF all Kaspersky Free settings & features were GREEN, the product would be the same/similar to  the paid software, that might make you very happy, but Kaspersky would go broke, so short answer, no, silly question. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋