Does Kaspersky Desktop no longer have a free version for windows 10 or something?

echotango

I tried to download what I thought was Kaspersky free but it's clearly not the case as it keeps pestering my about my "Free Trial" being used up... does anyone know what I did wrong exactly, I hope I didn't mistakenly download a trial thinking it was an actual true Free Version of Kaspersky or something?

From what I remember I used to have a free version of Kaspersky on my old Desktop Computer before I upgraded to a new 1.

Hi @echotango

Okay read this information below URL in how to downgrade to free version from Trial version.

https://support.kaspersky.com/KAV/2020/en-US/152967.htm

Also @echotango

Maybe try this way easier.

Okay so if you're switching from the trial version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus to Kaspersky Free, follow these steps to ensure a smooth transition:

1. Uninstall the Trial Version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus

• Windows:
    1. Open the Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
    2. Find Kaspersky Anti-Virus in the list.
    3. Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the program.
    5. When prompted, choose whether to keep your settings and data. If you're switching to Kaspersky Free, it's usually best to remove them to avoid any potential conflicts.
  • macOS:
    1. Open Finder and go to the Applications folder.
    2. Drag Kaspersky Anti-Virus to the Trash.
    3. Empty the Trash to complete the uninstallation.

2. Restart Your Computer

• After uninstalling the trial version, it's a good idea to restart your computer to clear any remaining files or processes related to the old installation.

3. Download and Install Kaspersky Free

4. Activate Kaspersky Free

• Once installed, open Kaspersky Free and follow the prompts to activate the free version.
  • You'll need to sign in with your Kaspersky account or create a new one if you don’t have one.

5. Update and Scan

• After installation, ensure the antivirus definitions are up to date.
  • Run a full system scan to make sure your computer is secure.

Additional Tips:

• Backup Important Data: Before making any major changes, it's always a good idea to back up important files.
  • Check for Compatibility: Ensure that no other antivirus software is installed, as running multiple antivirus programs can cause conflicts.

Following these steps will help you switch smoothly from the trial version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus to Kaspersky Free.

Thank 🧒 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay I downloaded it and now the problem is when I try to start up Kaspersky and it asks for my username and password I then proceed to enter in my login details but it then says I can't use the "trial subscription on this computer" I'm not sure what that means or why it's saying that as I downloaded the free version.

I even tried using a new Kaspersky account to login with but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this annoying problem please?

Yes I made sure to uninstall the previous installation like you said and then I proceeded to restart my computer before installing the new free version of Kaspersky and I tried again BOTH my main account and a secondary account I've never used before that I got for my iOS mobile device I no longer have basically but anyways to answer your question about any active subscriptions PREVIOUSLY my main account had a payed version before I managed to try out the free trial version on my new computer after my payed subscription had ran out for a long time.

But right now none of my accounts have any active subscriptions only previous subscriptions and trials?

Since I don't got enough money to justify paying for extra features beyond the anti-virus and nothing more but nothing less than that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, echotango said:

Yes I made sure to uninstall the previous installation like you said and then I proceeded to restart my computer before installing the new free version of Kaspersky and I tried again BOTH my main account and a secondary account I've never used before that I got for my iOS mobile device I no longer have basically but anyways to answer your question about any active subscriptions PREVIOUSLY my main account had a payed version before I managed to try out the free trial version on my new computer after my payed subscription had ran out for a long time.

• But right now none of my accounts have any active subscriptions only previous subscriptions and trials?

Hello @echotango

Thank you for posting back & the information!

Don't worry about money, there's no pressure to buy, just wanting to get the information to try to help fix the problem 🙃

1. In (your) MyKaspersky account - against any of those expired subscriptions are there options to delete? (You may need to look for a tiny > to the right of the subscription name) - it's *important* to clear the expired TRIAL subscription(s), from the account.  
  2. Also check the MyKaspersky Devices tab, make sure no actual devices/computers are associated / linked with a license / subscription? 
  3. When (you) say - "as it keeps pestering my about my "Free Trial" being used up...", to confirm please: (you have) signed in to the Kaspersky Free *application*, with the same email address that (you) use for (your) MyKaspersky account? Is that correct please? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn. Q1 & Q2. || Added Q3.

It shows 2 subscriptions I used to have but it only lets me renew my old payed subscription or "hide" 1 the 1 which is the Kaspersky Standard that must of been the free 30 day trial I tried.

I cop and pasted the image and what it says the first 1 "Kaspersky Standard" Has option to hide it but I don't know if that'll make a difference or the Kaspersky Internet Security only gives me the option to renew the subscription and that's it.

Kaspersky Standard
Trial subscription: Expired

Kaspersky Internet Security
Subscription: Expired
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, echotango said:

It shows 2 subscriptions I used to have but it only lets me renew my old payed subscription or "hide" 1 the 1 which is the Kaspersky Standard that must of been the free 30 day trial I tried.

The first 1 "Kaspersky Standard" Has option to hide it but I don't know if that'll make a difference or the Kaspersky Internet Security only gives me the option to renew the subscription and that's it.

Kaspersky Standard

Trial subscription: Expired

Buy now

Subscription: Expired

Hello @echotango

Thank you for posting back & the information!

• From the information (you've) shared - in (your) MyKaspersky account - no Kaspersky Free subscription/software is showing -> let's try again please: 
  1. In (your) MyKaspersky account - Devices tab, do *any* of the devices - computer(s) OR phones - show *connected* - IF 'yes' -> select DISCONNECT.
  2. New question: go back to the Kaspersky software (you've) installed on the computer, expand the Kaspersky application so we can see the whole screen please - don't crop anything please - at the sign-in OR activation screen - take a screen-print & post back please? *Hide any personal information before posting*
  3. *Also* - from (your) post replying to Mod @harlan4096 1st Sept, 2024 09:04, it sounds like (you) did sign into the *installed* Kaspersky application - on (your) computer, with the email address that is for the MyKaspersky account that's showing the subscriptions from (your) last reply: 8th Sept, 2024 06:03, discussing Kaspersky Standard Trial & Kaspersky Internet Security Expired - so IF both of those are correct - the *existing* Kaspersky application, should show (your) email address & Subscription is active - like this image - does it? 

image.thumb.png.0fa2238db7f794a38e93c3848763c763.png

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Um it worked but for some reason it offered me the 30 day trial subscription for Kaspersky Standard version instead of Kapserky Free.

Also more importantly for some reason whenever I try to do a "Full Scan & Deep Scan" it stops at 98% for some unknown reason and it will not fully finish the virus scan and I don't know why?  I'm not sure if this is the best place on the forum to ask this question but I'm not sure where the best place is exactly?

• Thanks 1

A scan task freezes or stops

1 hour ago, echotango said:

Um it worked but for some reason it offered me the 30 day trial subscription for Kaspersky Standard version instead of Kaspersky Free.

Also more importantly for some reason whenever I try to do a "Full Scan & Deep Scan" it stops at 98% for some unknown reason and it will not fully finish the virus scan and I don't know why? 

Hello @echotango
Thank you for posting back, the information & the question!

1. When (you) originally posted, the installed software was Kaspersky Trial, now it's Trial *again*, that's not possible, Kaspersky Trial versions are only able to be run once. At the *end* of the Trial license (you) will be prompted to purchase a Kaspersky subscription. 
2. From the information (you've) shared, there's no Kaspersky Free in (your) MyKaspersky account. 
3. Until the existing subscriptions are cleared/deleted/removed from (your) MyKaspersky account the issue will persist  - the Community cannot do this  - for privacy reasons  - only Kaspersky Customer Service can assist, please contact them, log a request  - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  -> on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template with Kaspersky *Standard* - not Free; please include a *detailed history* & tell them (you) are in Canada & (you've) tried installing Kaspersky Free from https://www.kaspersky.ca/downloads/free-antivirus & the Kaspersky Global website https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-antivirus : - they will guide (you):  

image.thumb.png.de339585cc1f97ad10af1a6c4871fce4.png
Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, echotango said:

Do you think it's possible i downloaded a malicious file of some sort that is faking a Kaspersky trial?

Hello @echotango

Thank you for posting back & the question!

• It's unlikely but anything is possible, however we're more concerned with why (you) appear not to be following the guidance provided, for example, in the last reply, to say, "Um it worked" when the goal was to install Free not Trial - is "no that did not work - it's still Trial!". 
  • *was # 1. from our previous reply done* -> in (your) MyKaspersky account - Devices tab, do *any* of the devices - computer(s) OR phones - show *connected* - IF 'yes' -> select DISCONNECT. ?

Please do the following:

1. Create a system restore point.
  2. Download Kavremover
  3. Run the computer in Safe Mode, readHow to start a Windows PC in Safe Mode
  4. Read & follow carefullyHow to remove a Kaspersky application using the kavremover tool - IF Kavremover finds more than *one* Kaspersky software - the removal has to be *repeated* including the *reboot*. Remove *all* found Kaspersky applications, excluding Password manager, Kaspersky Safe Kids & Kaspersky VPN. 
  5. When the computer has *no* Kaspersky software installed, go to & download Kaspersky Free from Kaspersky Global -> https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-antivirus *only*, do not go to Kaspersky Canada.
  6. Install Kaspersky Free. 
  7. Sign into Kaspersky Free.
  8. Share the result with the Community please? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
modified 4.