Directory Load Slow with Classic Shell

johnywhy

hi

Opening directory menus in Class Shell Start Menu is very slow. Have to wait a long time for directory list to load. 

[Link removed]

Which Kaspersky feature causes this? How to fix?

clsssicshell,net

thx

Hello @johnywhy,

Welcome!

• Please remove the URL - it’s not required for us to assist with the problem.
  1. Is ‘opening directory menus in Classic Shell Start Menu very slow” if KAVF is paused?
  2. What is the KAVF version & patch?
  3. What is the Windows operating system version & build?
  4. Run a GSI & Windows Logs & post back?

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Report attached. 

The problem has gone away. I’m guessing the menu has become cached. 

I have a very low-resource machine, so i have turned off Kaspersky email and web checks. In the past, i have noticed email and web performance suffers from anti-virus checks (maybe with Kaspersky, maybe other products). Some anti-virus makes file explorer slow. 

i need minimal protection, maximum performance. Can you recommend the best configuration of Kaspersky for minimal protection and maximum performance?

Here’s what i see.

@johnywhy

Here is your GSI Link that is showing quite a lot of Errors in your Windows Event Log

You can easily configure the  “Security Level” from the several protection modules and chose for High - Recommended - Low.   Selecting  “Low”  provides a higher performance but  a minimum protection. Disabling your protection layers as showed above is not really  recommended !