control panel shows old versions.

So about a week ago my kaspersky internet security updates to v 21.2.16.590 but I went to control panel and I see I still have v20.0.14.1085 still installed. Same for secure connection. Is that correct or should that have uninstalled with the new version? If so, am I good to uninstall it without affecting anything?

So about a week ago my kaspersky internet security updates to v 21.2.16.590 but I went to After update to KIS v21.2, v20.0.14.1085 shows as still installed in Control, Progams & features.  still installed. KVPN also has same problem. 

Hello @Megasnake101

Welcome!

v 21.3.10.391 is rolling out, globally, as Total Force upgrade, in staggered distribution & patch(A) has also been released. 

v 21.2.16.590 is up to patch(C). 

v 20.0.14.1085 for both KIS & KVPN should be removed, please do the following:

1. Create a System restore point
  2. Close all apps & browsers, except Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features
  3. Uninstall KVPN v 20.0.14.1085
  4. Uninstall KIS v 20.0.14.1085, do not check/tick any check boxes
  5. At the end of the uninstall, make sure the computer fully shuts down, power on, login. 
  6. Check Kaspersky version & patch → make sure it’s v 21.2.16.590(C)
  7. Run a manual Database update
  8. Run a manual Full scan → allow it to complete.
  9. TFU version & patch updates are applied by shutting & restarting the computer; wait for v 21.3.10.391(A), to arrive, when it does, the following should happen:

Image 1, 1. a Recommendation will show, 2. in the Notification centre, the Recommendation details are displayed, 3. in the Windows Notification centre, a dated message “Computer reboot is required to apply the update” will be displayed. 

IF, in the period up to 7 days, 168 hours, after the dated Notification has arrived, the computer is not shutdown and restarted, in Windows hidden icons, the Kaspersky icon, will turn red → image 2

Any problems or questions, please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Additional resource:

Read before you create a new topic!