Blank screen on sever computers after EP 11.7 upgrade restart

Go to solution Solved by DonKid,

We have several computers now that exhibit a bank screen after finishing the EP 11.7 upgrade that was pushed out by SC 13.2.

Seem most of PC are Dell Optiplex 3050 “bricks”. OS Win 10 x64. 

You can tell the system is on and hard drive is working but no display.

Get the same behavior when RDP in to the machine.  Right after you connect via RDP the screen goes blank.

Several power cycles seems to remedy the issue but would like to know if anybody else is having this particular issue and why is it only happening on some computers.

Will nothing in event viewer seems to point to what is happening.

• 1 month later...

Only solution I found to resolve this issue is to remove 11.7 and install 11.6.

Luckily for us we do not have any win 11 machines…..yet.  

History…..

Opened cases with support (INC000013404324). 

First I was told this: (this did nothing to fix the issues):

https://support.kaspersky.com/15819

Issue

Upgrading Kaspersky solutions for business may cause an error at the application startup if the following cumulative Microsoft Windows updates are installed: Kaspersky solutions won’t start after an update.

The error occurs after the installation of the following update packages:
Operating system Update
Windows 10 KB5007186, KB5007189
Windows 11 KB5007215

We recommend to temporarily refrain from installing cumulative Windows updates listed above.

Before installing updates and private patches for your Kaspersky solution for business, make sure you don’t have the cumulative updates from the list above installed on your computers.
Solution

Check if you have have one of the cumulative updates installed in your operating system. If the updates are installed:

Remove your Kaspersky solution for business from your computer.
Uninstall the cumulative update.
Install your Kaspersky solution for business once again.

This did solution did not help.  So I reopened the case and now being told this after sending in the dump files.  

Now being told this:

The escalation team has informed us of the following.

Currently, there is no additional update except that was written. This issue is under investigation…..

couple weeks now and still no response…….. :P 

Only solution I found to resolve this issue is to remove 11.7 and install 11.6.

Luckily for us we do not have any win 11 machines…..yet.  

History…..

Opened cases with support (INC000013404324). 

First I was told this: (this did nothing to fix the issues):

https://support.kaspersky.com/15819

Issue

Upgrading Kaspersky solutions for business may cause an error at the application startup if the following cumulative Microsoft Windows updates are installed: Kaspersky solutions won’t start after an update.

The error occurs after the installation of the following update packages:
Operating system Update
Windows 10 KB5007186, KB5007189
Windows 11 KB5007215

We recommend to temporarily refrain from installing cumulative Windows updates listed above.

Before installing updates and private patches for your Kaspersky solution for business, make sure you don’t have the cumulative updates from the list above installed on your computers.
Solution

Check if you have have one of the cumulative updates installed in your operating system. If the updates are installed:

Remove your Kaspersky solution for business from your computer.
Uninstall the cumulative update.
Install your Kaspersky solution for business once again.

This did solution did not help.  So I reopened the case and now being told this after sending in the dump files.  

Now being told this:

The escalation team has informed us of the following.

Currently, there is no additional update except that was written. This issue is under investigation…..

couple weeks now and still no response…….. :P 

Hi

Did you get any results?

I will be grateful if you share your experience with us.

Thanks

same problem for us with windows 7 without esu update.

same response from kaspersky support…

we also have a bunch of computer that not compete shutdown.

same things on 3 different domains, all appear after starting mass deployement of 11.7

As far as I know when you shutdown win10/11, is just stops all services and just suspends (in order to boot up faster afterwards). A reboot does a real OS shutdown and startup (e.g. for windows update installation). Maybe that behavior causes that fault?

Hi,

we have the same problem
Remote installing KES11.7 with KSC13.2 

Windows 10 21H2 (Update KB5008212) and Windows Terminal Server 2019 1809 (Update KB5008218)

It is only for RDP connections, local login are not affected

Hi,

we have the same problem
Remote installing KES11.7 with KSC13.2 

Windows 10 21H2 (Update KB5008212) and Windows Terminal Server 2019 1809 (Update KB5008218)

It is only for RDP connections, local login are not affected

So far only when we accessed via RDP, but there are several servers and desktops, it causes a lot of inconvenience, having to restart all the time, we need a solution soon.

We found a workaround, and possibly something to help to fix the issue. To get rid of the black screen use an administrator account to C$-string into the affected computer. So if the computer name is: pc1-pc then use \\pc1-pc\C$\Windows\Temp Then once there, there will be a file without an extension. This file has a random name, but has dashes in it. Add a .dll to the end of the file. Once you do this then restart the winlogon.exe and it will temporarily fix the issue. IF winlongon doesn’t stop, I found I had to use pskill from sysinternals. 

good day all,

Is there any update about this issue?

{windows10&11 Black screen issue during windows booting.This issue repeated many time in different companies, to solve this issue you need to force shutdown the windows and restart again.}

Where is kaspersky support team?????!!!!

INC000013564906

Is there any one open aticket with Microsoft windows support??