Windows 11 - missunderstand KIS 21.3;

Psiu47

Recentely about 3 days Ago, I haver moved to a new PC with new HD storage and operating system. So on the First day after installing ALL drivers, MS updates. I logged to My Kaspersky account to unlink My previous computer access and register the currente one and start downloading KIS app.

So the installation went normal, I've managed to primary make Kaspersky Internet Security as main provider app to secure the computer. I have disabled most of Microsoft Defender settings and yet on Windows Security Control panel. The notifications accuse wrong.

ALL of KIS services including antivirus, firewall are activated but so are Microsoft Defender settings after I've thought they were turner off.

So MS Defender and KIS are tuning together with Windows Security Control panel Windows showing both deactivated.

On the First day, I've suceeded somehow to make Win.11 to understand the mais protection Will bê in charge of Kaspersky service but ALL of the sudden MS Defender keep tuning back on and both protection are tuning together with the only issue in Windows Security control panel Windows saying wrong.

My apologises for nota using the phone tô take the screenshot but My local internet provider was cut off due to bad weathers.

IMG_20231007_215535~2.jpg

<!>Sorry but the subject text had plenty typos and I was taking too long edit. And for that, I could not make the changes on time.<!>

EDITED:

Recently, about 3 days ago, I have moved to a new PC with new HD storage and operating system so on the first day after installing all drivers, MS updates. I've logged to My Kaspersky account to unlink the previous computer access and register the current one and start downloading KIS app.

So the installation went normal, I've managed to essentially focus the Security rules to Kaspersky Internet Security as main provider app to secure the computer then I have disabled most of Microsoft Defender settings and yet on Windows Security control panel, the notifications exhibit  wrong which app is active.

ALL of KIS services including antivirus, firewall are activated but so are Microsoft Defender settings after I've thought they were turner off. Microsoft can only be paused and not turned off nor uninstalled.

So MS Defender and KIS are running along together with Windows Security Control panel showing both the antivirus and firewall being deactivated.

On the first day, I've suceeded somehow to make Win.11 to understand the which will be the main protection is going to be in charge. In Thais case, Kaspersky service but all of the sudden MS Defender keep turning back on and both protection are running together with the persisted issue in Windows Security control panel  saying wrong.

My apologises for using the phone to take the screenshot but my local internet provider lost conectivity due to bad weathers situation and I was efiting mostly the image to translate the language.

Edited by Psiu47

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

Can You better migrate to new product line current in version 21.14, going here:

https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product

Scroll up a bit then find Kaspersky Standard installed (that will be activated with Your KIS license), You can install directly overwriting the current KIS version, or do a clean install, uninstalling previously Your KIS.

• Like 1

Unfortunate can't do that, otherwise I will lose the rest of days Stills left to expire. Next year will have to get used to Kaspersky Standard but untill then I will be keep using my active licence.

About not getting no proprer response of this community. It is disappointing but I'm glad I have fixed the issue.

All I had to do was to deactivated KIS firewall and antivirus, turn off Microsoft remote assistance, and turn off Windows Defender in firewall column.

I will be posting screenshots on a later comment If needed but If I had resolve the issue then it wont be required, right?

Edited by Psiu47
  • Like 1

You can migrate directly Your KIS license to Kaspersky Standard keeping the current days, that's why a migration, keeping the license days 🙂

About Your issue, Your screen capture has a such very low resolution that I can't see almost anything clearly.

In theory when Kaspersky product is installed over a Windows product, Windows Defender should be disabled automatically, but remains "latent" and if You pause Kaspersky protection, then WD will auto activate to keep`the system protected.

In W11, Microsoft even has put more difficulties to disable Windows Defender manually...