Using Kaspersky GROUP RULES I completely locked myself out of the Operating System [MERGED]

FredG

The Trusted box just popped up on my screen for Microsoft.  I had never seen it before.

There was no new installation of software.

There are multiple tabs.  All items defaulted to green (allow).

Would it be standard practice to allow Microsoft access to everything ? Including Intrusion into other processes (and its subsidiary items such as Perform code injection) .

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I was unable to post a photo until now. 

I amended some of the permissions in here and tried to change my mind at the last moment but the system froze and applied them, locking out the operating system.

I tried to post about this earlier but didnt do a good job….the product is Kaspersky Total Security.

This happened almost a month ago and my machine has been dead since.  (It has been difficult with COVID to get the photo reduced in size to show a screenshot from the time as someone asked me for a picture.)

The Trusted box of Kaspersky popped up on my screen for GROUP RULES for Microsoft Corporation.  I had never seen it before.

There had been no new installation of software which should prompt this.

There were multiple tabs in the GROUP RULES.  All items were defaulted to green (allow).  (See Screenshot attached.)

At the time I posted to ask whether I should allow Microsoft access to everything but in the meantime I had started clicking buttons, removing permissions here and there.   In the end I changed my mind and wanted to put it all back but the system kind of froze and I had no option to move forward.   It has been useless to try to amend anything after that as the machine will boot up but then Microsoft Windows 10 no longer works.  I cannot use the Windows key or the Windows search bar.   No folders will open.  I have effectively locked out the operating system.    The screenshot was taken before I changed permissions and when I was wondering what to do with this.    It was possible to drill down into the detail of the GROUP RULES in the photo for Microsoft and that is where I changed various permissions and I do not remember which ones at this point.  Only that I tried to put them back but cannot and can no longer use the computer.

Is there anything I can do to either undo this or make the computer work again please while saving the data ?  Windows 10 restore does not work to save the data as the operating system is not responding.