Updating Kaspersky for Android

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello,

I want to know if it is safe to update Kaspersky mobile with Galaxy Store...

There is an update but only in the Galaxy store and not on Google Play.

Thanks for your answers,

Sven

Hello, 

I also noticed this. 

I think it is moved from Google play to galaxy store because Google play is US and galaxy store South Korea 🤔 or maybe later will be available in Google play also. 

• Like 1

I noticed the same thing, but I am in Canada.  I did update via the Galaxy Store, and everything seems fine.  Apparently, we will all have to jump through hoops because of that US decision.

All very regrettable.  Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil

• Like 1

I noticed that in Google play or Aurora is Kaspersky ME (Switzerland) and in galaxy store is Kaspersky Middle East 

Versions are same but in Google play doesn't offers new versions for download. 

Screenshot_20240808_215242_Aurora Store.jpg

Screenshot_20240808_215208_Galaxy Store.jpg

Edited by nexon
  • Like 1

@nexon,

Well, THIS could be a can of worms.  Can you share a link via PM or here in the topic that states that the Google Play Store is no longer supplying updates for K Mobile?

Google Play Store is international. A ban in one country should not impact those of us in other countries.  If that is so, I, for one, would register a complaint.

Thank you for the information.  Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil

• Like 1

@garioch7

So I updated 2 times via galaxy store. 

I always updating via Google play (Aurora store) but there is no new updates for Kaspersky... But in galaxy store is... After few days again check for updates in Google play nothing new here 🤔

I updated via galaxy store 2 times in a row. I never before updated via galaxy store (doesn't offers me) only in last few months.

• Like 1

• Solution
On 8/8/2024 at 11:01 PM, Kempie said:

Sven

Hello @Kempie, Sven, 

1. Yes. 
  2. We reached out to HO, they advised: "Due to US ban - Google blocked access to our developer console. We couldn't update our apps on Gplaystore right now."
  3. Download the APK from https://www.kaspersky.com/mobile-security or directly here: https://redirect.kaspersky.com/user-agent?target=mobile_install&app=kaspersky_android&dst=site.                      image.thumb.png.20e3765effdace03936858c1f5d6f012.png
  • Note: the issue has been returned to HO for them to advise how users will be notified there's an update available - atm Galaxy does not notify.

We'll update with any information, when & if it becomes available. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

We reached out to HO, they advised: "Due to US ban - Google blocked access to our developer console. We couldn't update our apps on Gplaystore right now."

So I had truth @garioch7 see my first post 😉

On 8/8/2024 at 6:59 PM, nexon said:

I think it is moved from Google play to galaxy store because Google play is US and galaxy store South Korea 🤔 or maybe later will be available in Google play also

• Like 1

@nexon,

9 hours ago, nexon said:

So I had truth @garioch7 see my first post 😉

Indeed you were!  It is always GREAT to be right! 😉

9 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Note: the issue has been returned to HO for them to advise how users will be notified there's an update available - atm Galaxy does not notify.

I'm not sure how that ' got into your quoted name . . . ?

Therein lies the issue: how are users to know that an update has been issued by Kaspersky for their mobile app?  Database updates are still coming down from within the K Mobile app here in Canada.

That version update issue needs to be rectified, or the Google Play Store needs to become geographically aware so that those of us in the REST of the world get the version updates for which we paid.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil

• Like 1

@garioch7 the technical support replied to me today telling me that they are having temporary technical difficulties in updating applications on Google Plat Store and they are working to resolve the issue.
I replied to them asking if they can give a time frame for resolving the issue and how it is best to proceed to have an app always updated.
I am waiting for a further response from them.

Greetings

Regards.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 11:01 PM, Kempie said:

On 8/11/2024 at 4:52 AM, garioch7 said:

Therein lies the issue: how are users to know that an update has been issued by Kaspersky for their mobile app?  Database updates are still coming down from within the K Mobile app here in Canada.

That version update issue needs to be rectified, or the Google Play Store needs to become geographically aware so that those of us in the REST of the world get the version updates for which we paid.

@Kempie & @garioch7

Advice from HQ

1. At this time - there are no updates of any kind - from Google Play Store. 
  2. In Samsung Galaxy Store - ensure Auto update apps - is enabled, HQ provided this resource: Update your Play Store and Galaxy Store apps.
  • Sadly, that's not the issue; (for us) in Samsung Galaxy StoreAuto update apps is enabled, however, the Kaspersky application still does not notify there's a version update & the application does not update automatically. The same applies for KPM & KSK. 
  • We've returned the incident to HQ. 

We'll provide further information, if & when it's available. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

when i use the link provided to download the apk i see that it is downloaded from the Mi App Mall...is this safe?

Also when installing the Apk i have to give Kaspersky special permission in order to change accessibility setting...!?

Edited by Kempie

14 minutes ago, Kempie said:
  1. when i use the link provided to download the apk i see that it is downloaded from the Mi App Mall...

is this safe?

Also when installing the Apk i have to give Kaspersky special permission in order to change accessibility setting...!?

Hello @Kempie, Sven,

Welcome back!

1. Which link are you referring to, provide more information please? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

58 minutes ago, Kempie said:
  1. when i use the link provided to download the apk i see that it is downloaded from the Mi App Mall. Is this safe?
  2. Also when installing the Apk i have to give Kaspersky special permission in order to change accessibility setting...!?

Hello @Kempie

Thank you for the information!

1. Yes, Kaspersky apps from Xiaomi's app store are safe. 
  2. Read/follow:  Installing the app. "If you refuse to grant the app required permissions, uninstall the app."

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn